Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Alfalfa hay

Post Thanks / Like

was afraid this would get out sooner or later
    Likes riptide LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

If I was to try this, wrapping with chicken wire and anchoring down good, about how long would it produce good before needing replaced?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scrat View Post
    Wouldn't sinking a bag or theses alfalfa cubes do the same thing as the hay? Maybe just put them in a burlap sack or big plastic onion sack and tie 1 cinder block on the end and sink, is what I was thinking!!! To me if this would work it would be a lots cheaper(than buying the wire for the bale), cleaner, and easier than the hay bales.
    I was fishing close to an area one day where I was watching several boats catch loads of crappie. It surprised me because I had tried the area many times and had no success. I knew how to fish the area and thought to myself that something must have attracted fish to the area. I saw so many crappie caught and released from that one general area it was unreal. I got an early start the next morning to get in on the action. I had a limit as fast as I could get em out of the water. I caught fish after fish after fish. Most of them came though from a small concentrated area (which is typical for crappie) but there was nothing in this area to draw that many fish. I finally snagged something on the bottom and brought it to the surface. Someone had sunk some kind of feed or something in a burlap sack. I do not know what was in the sack, but I know this is what drew all of those fish in. It worked like a charm whatever it was.

BAMA S is offline Crappie.com Legend and AL Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Crappie seeker I agree with you. I fished one of the spots I dropped some hay Saturday morning and the screen lit up like a Christmas tree at this spot. I have to believe the hay is drawing them in.heres a screenshot
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

BAMA give me the coordinates and me and Bob will come down and clean up that Christmas tree for you ha ha
    Likes BAMA S LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    BAMA give me the coordinates and me and Bob will come down and clean up that Christmas tree for you ha ha
    Heck y'all come on down and we will fish it......

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    I was fishing close to an area one day where I was watching several boats catch loads of crappie. It surprised me because I had tried the area many times and had no success. I knew how to fish the area and thought to myself that something must have attracted fish to the area. I saw so many crappie caught and released from that one general area it was unreal. I got an early start the next morning to get in on the action. I had a limit as fast as I could get em out of the water. I caught fish after fish after fish. Most of them came though from a small concentrated area (which is typical for crappie) but there was nothing in this area to draw that many fish. I finally snagged something on the bottom and brought it to the surface. Someone had sunk some kind of feed or something in a burlap sack. I do not know what was in the sack, but I know this is what drew all of those fish in. It worked like a charm whatever it was.
    Probably was cottonseed meal......it works good and we put it out in a burlap sack.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes RetiredRR, BAMA S LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

G we always called it meal cake . We used it in our catfish baskets and put it in burlap so it would last longer

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

That's right Lee....we got it in cake form....broke it up and put it in a burlap sack
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes BAMA S LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I think the hay in chicken wire will last a lot longer. I could see it lasting a year or better

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast