HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: depth finder interpretations......

Post Thanks / Like

Well I took the plunge and bought the 797c2 SI. Man, what an incredible tool. All I wanted to do was ride around and look. Anyway, I have never been a deep water fisherman, but I believe that may soon change. I'm still undecided if the Navionics is worth the extra $200, but I got it.
    "To suppose that whatever God requireth of us that we have power of ourselves to do, is to make the cross and grace of Jesus Christ of none effect." John Owen

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rango
    sounds like the fish alarm is on to. i keep mine off. i cant stand all that beeping when fish come on the screen.
    Rango, that's another time when not hearing so good pays off! :D
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman
    Rango, that's another time when not hearing so good pays off! :D
    that beep beep is the most annoying sound to me. if for some reason my fish alarm gets cut on the crew will remind me real fast to cut that racket box off. i dont run my finder once im anchored either. once im anchored im not concerned with what shows up since im not gonna be moving so im stuck with whats there theres all kinds of blips, nings and dings scrolling across a screen when the boats anchored and that infernal beeping will make a sane man slap his momma....
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Default depthfinder interpretations!

Well, this ain't so much interpretation because I know what I'm seeing. This was in July of lasst year and I was drifting for perch when I found this school of fish. I ws able to stay on 'em for about 3 hours and boated over 200 perch. kept 127 of 'em for a fish fry. My son got tired of reeling them in. We used drop shot rigs with 2 hooks and cut threadfin. We had a ball. I've been doing this recently on Lake Norman with similar results but much bigger perch. also got a few crappie the last couple weeks on cut bait.

fishfinder showing huge school of perch!
    http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...l/DSC_0020.jpg

my son with the mess of perch we caught
    http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...DSC_0021-1.jpg

recent catch of Norman perch using this method
    http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...l/scan0007.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

WOW a fish every 1.1 second now that is some fast fishing..
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Default a fish every second

actually, Shilohred, we were catching them so quick, I had about 7 hooks on four rods, so really all I was doing was unhooking fish. I would unhook one string of 'em and go to the next rod, unhook them and put it back down and then go to the next. My son was catching his share too. Trust me, it's possible, but more work than enjoying fishing.
    Thanks clw15bb thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohRed
    WOW a fish every 1.1 second now that is some fast fishing..
    Pete
    You need to re read his post or check your math.A fish every 1.1 second is 54 fish per minute.54 fish a minute for three hours is a little off right? Thats 3240 fish per hour. However 200 perch in 3 hours of fishin especially with 2 hook rigs and 2 people fishin is not unusual at all around here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie12
    actually, Shilohred, we were catching them so quick, I had about 7 hooks on four rods, so really all I was doing was unhooking fish. I would unhook one string of 'em and go to the next rod, unhook them and put it back down and then go to the next. My son was catching his share too. Trust me, it's possible, but more work than enjoying fishing.
    Did not mean anything bad about it.
    As I have done that with crappie at reelfoot. Have 2 on one pole in my hand and then one stuck between my legs. And one still with fish in the rod holder..
    Just saying man that is some fishing..

chrisblue that should have been a fish every minute or less. not second. And if you figure 3 hours at 60 minutes that comes to180 minutes. So in three hours that is better then a fish a minute. when he stated 200 perch in three hours.

Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman
    Reggis, next time out carry your camera along and take a few pics of your screen. There's alot of knowledgable people here that can help explain what youre seeing.

Thanks that is a great idea and i shall do that. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDUX
    ShilohRed

Do you have the Navionics (?sp) on your unit? I am thinking about the 797 and don't know if I want to spend the extra $200. Opinion?

Sorry to reply so late, but yes i have the navionic's and believe it is worth the extra. I probally will buy the best chip that i can find.

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast