Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rough day today

Post Thanks / Like

Keep plugging away at those docks. Once you find them, remember them. Look for dock with ropes off the side of them which there brush is tied to. Usually they will have a fish cleaning station also. Only 1 out of 75 docks will have brush. Once you find the docks that have brush you don't have to waste your time on the other docks.
    Likes long poler LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips on the docks. We fished piers and mouths of coves today. We did better but still only got 18. A definite improvement. On the plus side we did find some big fish. Most were 12 to 13 inches. A bonus cat and a handful of bluegill big enough to fillet. We got a couple off the floating sea walls but by the time we went to them it was way to rough to fish there. Fish we found were very scattered but we had good company in the boat and nice weather for this time of year. Hopefully we don't get to wet tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good day to be out with friends. Looks like you are starting to find a pattern. Keep it up and bring back 30 today.

Post Thanks / Like

Workingman was right it was a tough week espcially with my boat acting up but we had a good time. have to practice shooting docks some more.

Post Thanks / Like

Good report. I've been finding them right in the brush piles. You have to be right down in the brush, yes you'll lose some jigs but you'll catch a bunch of fish.
    New goal 16" crappie by December 30

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip on the brush piles. Unfortunately that trip was my last hurrah for the year. With the exception of a few days during rifle season and family functions at the holidays, I will probably be working almost every day until late winter or early spring. Oh well, I'll figure em out next time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12