Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where have the TV fishing shows gone?

Post Thanks / Like

I realized a very long time ago that most if not all the hunting and fishing shows are made to look like its no big deal to go ketch whatever . they film them for days and even weeks and then go back and edit it all to make it look like they just went out and slammed a trophy and or bunch of trophy whatevers .
    I actually met one of them folks a few years back ....
    was in a store and the lady at the counter went ,,,,OMG ....its so and so ...he stops in here a lot ....
    i said hmmmm so lets mister so and so in real life .......
    well to say the lest he was a lil tiny thing about 5 foot tall and walking round like he was the one
    all smiles and bla bla bla and talking bout the all deer they took over the weekend ....
    i went out the door going ok .....whatever .....
    and low and behold there is a trailer behind his truck sure enough full of BABY deer ......ROFLMAO ....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Where is Joe Kreiger when we need him.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

There are still several fishing shows on .... just most of them are repeats. Plus, only a varied few are Crappie oriented, so that cuts even deeper into the potential for shows of interest. I watch them, but only as a secondary form of entertainment since most are product ad heavy. Not to mention, I don't get much usable info from watching someone reel in a fish (and few, if any, are filmed on lakes in my local area).

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Its time to whisper so the you won't scare the dead deer.
    Likes PawPaw Gene, Just Steve LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

perhaps the return of Virgil Ward..thoughts?
    Likes stabgnid LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fiveeyes View Post
    perhaps the return of Virgil Ward..thoughts?
    "From the lakes of Northern Canada........." I liked watching Virgil Ward. I wish some channel would just show old reruns of outdoor shows. I would like to see a young Bill Dance or maybe Jimmy Houston from the 1970s again. I bought some old Monday Night Football games off ebay a few years back and I really enjoy watching Howard Cosell and Don Meredith call a Houston Oilers/ Pittsburgh Steelers game from 1979, even when I knew the outcome of the game AND the season AND the careers of most of those players. I like the commercials too. We need a TV Land for old hunting, fishing, sports related shows complete with commercials from the original airdate time. Wouldn't that be cool? Maybe someday? GTT
    Likes g6463, fiveeyes, kycreek LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The Florida sportsman forum had a show where they would go fishing with someone on the forum that was on a hot bite. It would be cool if crappie. Com had something like that.

Post Thanks / Like

there are a few shows that i did enjoy over the years though
    and some were informative as well ....
    just don't watch many .....
    go do it yourself and its lots more fun than watching i promise
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Ketchn when you get in your 80's I'll bet your tune will change. For me I enjoy fishing as much as anyone but spend the next couple or three days resting up for next trip. Would be nice to watch a good fishing show on my days of rest.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minnowtime View Post
    Ketchn when you get in your 80's I'll bet your tune will change. For me I enjoy fishing as much as anyone but spend the next couple or three days resting up for next trip. Would be nice to watch a good fishing show on my days of rest.
    Good fishing shows are something we could all enjoy. That's why I always enjoyed Bill Dance and Hank Parker. They took time to explain what they were doing.

Some arrogant Bass guy screaming like a banshee every time he yanks a 12 inch bass over the side makes me sick.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes SeaRay, RMGeorge, minnowtime LIKED above post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast