HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Where and how did you get your screen name?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

this feller! Shooting Starr's Commander (call name Ike) He was an almost constant companion for near 15 years. Ike and I hunted Oklahoma, Texas, Colorado, Missouri, Iowa and Kansas, Kansas, Kansas!! My best buddy. Here is is shown as a pup with the late Kristen Reiser (She called him Big Mac) before I picked him up.
    Name:  Kristen&Big Mac (Ike).jpg
Views: 726
Size:  63.4 KB
    Here as an old, deaf dog that still hunted great!
    Name:  older Ike.jpg
Views: 751
Size:  41.4 KB

After he died, I quit bird hunting for a couple of years. But recently decided i couldn't live like that so, at 73 yrs old, I have a distant cousin of his about to be born. She will never replace him but will add to more memories.
    Proud member of TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IkenI View Post
    this feller! Shooting Starr's Commander (call name Ike) He was an almost constant companion for near 15 years. Ike and I hunted Oklahoma, Texas, Colorado, Missouri, Iowa and Kansas, Kansas, Kansas!! My best buddy. Here is is shown as a pup with the late Kristen Reiser (She called him Big Mac) before I picked him up.
    Name:  Kristen&Big Mac (Ike).jpg
Views: 726
Size:  63.4 KB
    Here as an old, deaf dog that still hunted great!
    Name:  older Ike.jpg
Views: 751
Size:  41.4 KB

After he died, I quit bird hunting for a couple of years. But recently decided i couldn't live like that so, at 73 yrs old, I have a distant cousin of his about to be born. She will never replace him but will add to more memories.
    IkenI, I have a similiar story. I had a chocolate lab "Queenie" that was the best duck hunting dog I ever had, hunted her till she was 10. Years down the road I was able to get a great grand daughter off of Queenie, "Grace". I made a couple of hunts with Grace but she was nothing like Queenie, part of that was due to her being 5 months old with Rita came through our area with all of it's loud noices so Grace never cared much for loud noises after that. My mom and dad still have Grace, she is spoiled rotten and just recently had double ACL surgery on her back 2 legs. She is doing well now. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!
    Likes "D", skiptomylu LIKED above post