Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mississippi River backwaters

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

"Wish it would have had pix, but did enjoy reading it"....."D"

Sorry friend, but I seldom carry any tech devices in the boat with me. Or in the woods for that matter. I never needed them when they hadn't come into existence yet and I still find little use for them while I am out and about. If I get something worthy of a picture I take one at the boat ramp. The fish we caught on this trip are average for the area. Had I stuck a 16 or 17 incher I'd have gotten a picture when we landed the boat.

Two pools above the pool we fished this day is where we see some huge fall crappies and getting those 16 and 17 inch pups in the mix at a regular rate is common. That pool has a far greater and complex system of backwaters where the crappies can achieve some surreal sizes. These are black crappies. Several pools to the north is where the 21" beast black crappie that stands as out state record was taken. Many Minnesotans think that some of the northern lakes have big crappies....they really haven't spent any time here in the lower SE corner fish them.

By the way, in the first paragraph when I mentioned how deep the fish were at, it is supposed to read 5 and 9 FEET, not inches.
    Likes AntiochBA LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I am also late reading this post. However, It was an excellent report. I haven't logged into CDC for and it was a great read. Sounded like an awesome day. I migrated up here from Kansas 4 years ago and just can't get the hang of these natural lakes. I may have to try it over there next year. I love fishing "stick ups"
    Remember "I" before "E," except in Budweiser