HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 315 of 389 FirstFirst ... 215265305312313314315316317318325365 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 3888

Thread: Lake Eufaula archives

Post Thanks / Like

CrappieBeater, we use 2 jigs I'm using 1/4s because they troll closer to the depth you put them. Meaning if I let out 12 ft of line I pull close to 12 ft deep. As far as the bigger baits it all depends on if they are eating the bait. If you catch them deep in the roof of the mouth they are eating it. If you are hooking them everywhere else in the mouth down size your bait to see if it improves. When you look to pull jigs scan the bank and see where the fish want to be (don't be stubborn). What I do if I see the fish in 13-14ft Ill stop the boat in 13ft drop my jigs to the bottom till your line goes slack then raise your rod until you get the boat going to .8 mph lower your rod make sure your not bumping the bottom too hard. Keep the boat in 14-15ft. Cover water until you get but then turn around and go right back through them. EB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eufaula boy View Post
    CrappieBeater, we use 2 jigs I'm using 1/4s because they troll closer to the depth you put them. Meaning if I let out 12 ft of line I pull close to 12 ft deep. As far as the bigger baits it all depends on if they are eating the bait. If you catch them deep in the roof of the mouth they are eating it. If you are hooking them everywhere else in the mouth down size your bait to see if it improves. When you look to pull jigs scan the bank and see where the fish want to be (don't be stubborn). What I do if I see the fish in 13-14ft Ill stop the boat in 13ft drop my jigs to the bottom till your line goes slack then raise your rod until you get the boat going to .8 mph lower your rod make sure your not bumping the bottom too hard. Keep the boat in 14-15ft. Cover water until you get but then turn around and go right back through them. EB
    EB I want to thank you for sharing this information! You didnt have to do that but its really great that you did. Not everyone is willing to share info but Its great when we do on CDC. Personally I got a ton of good from your discription of "pulling jigs". I live and fish in Kansas but this technique works well here also when targeting fish that are holding on a rocky break line like along a bridge or levee rip rap. Im kinda assuming this may be the structure you have been fishing on Eufaula based on your discription. Either way I wanted to commend you for sharing, thats what makes this site so helpfull to everyone. Keep it up and Good Luck To You Sir!
    Likes varmithunter, minnowtime, davebrown42 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

EB that's fantastic help and I concur, thank you for going into the details. VERY much appreciated
    Just another Oklahoma Crappie addict !

Post Thanks / Like

Beater I hope it made sense, had a good friend of mine and fishing guide Todd Huckabee tell me how to do that on the phone before one of my guide trips. He said just listen to me. I did exactly what he told me and we caught over 50. That was 3 years ago. Since then we have been learning more about the technique every summer. EB
    Likes varmithunter, Ranger09, dstreet LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

New to the forum, does anyone know of any places to fish around Porum? We have a lake house right by the Marina.

Post Thanks / Like

Love it man I want to try it this coming weekend , sure appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished porum landing last Saturday and it was really really high! If you have a boat go North under the bridge there are two coves just north with a lot of standing timber, good channels good cover. We caught a lot of big sandbass, I just didn't mess with the crappie as I was with some kids I wanted to keep busy in the heat so we could leave early with a mess of fish! But it's fishy. If you don't have a boat get on that rip rap on the Windward side and pour it goes around the ends under the bridge where the current created you'll likely catch fish against the piling a between 8 and 15 ft deep. I accidentally pulled a couple of crappie out of their trolling
    Likes varmithunter, jylee01 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip! I know exactly where you speak of. What were you using to catch the sandies?

Post Thanks / Like

White deep diving Bomber Model A with Red or Blue Eyes. The KEY is to get below the little guys and run 8' - 12' deep, sometimes they were 15' deep but would come up to it.
    IF the water will clear up any deep diver that looks flashy and like a shad will work too. White worked well in the muddy water.

The ones I caught averaged around 2lbs and some were bigger. IF you have kids or folks who just need to catch fish or they get bored use a shallow runner, same colors, and something that runs around 3' - 6' and they won't be able to keep it in the water, LOL :-)

FYI, the bigger fish were holding 10-15' deep in 20-25 FOW, find the channels and work them over. Little guys and most shad were 3-6 feet. Remember the lake was UP 10' when I recorded these depths.

Good luck , FYI, crappie are there too. 8'-15' tight up against the standing timber. But they are mixed with the more agressive sandies.

Good luck and save me a few just in case i get bored chasing those deep crappie :-)
    Likes varmithunter, jylee01 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I really appreciate your help! I will report hoe I do in a few weeks