HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't get them to bite the worlds greatest crappie lure!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have done, and still do, very well on them. But, while I have many pre-rigged (w/plastics) and various size & color heads .... my biggest producers are 1/16oz marabou in solid chartreuse or solid pink. I also trim the tail feathers, usually cutting half the length off between the tip end of the feathers and the hook bend. That usually makes the overall length between 1.5" & 1.75".

I've caught Crappie, Bass, Catfish, Drum, Bluegill, and even a Tiger Muskie on these RR's ... mostly casting them, but occasionally trolling them. I mostly use them in the Spring & Fall, and in water depths of less than 15ft. I have been known to use them in early Summer, either early in the AM or during the night, but not as much as my jig/plastics.

... cp
    Likes "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Oh heck, I catch a few on a Roadrunner, LOL!

Here were a couple good days with a friend and both of us using the same little 1/32 Oz Roadrunner.
    Here is one from 2013

and one day from 2014

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!
    Likes Tracker123 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Normally I wouldn't give a hoot what I was catching them on,but dang,I got a bucket full of various size roadrunners,and one way or another,I'm gonna catch a fish on them....I'm pretty sure I'm technically challenged with the roadrunner,and downright amazing with a beetlespin

Post Thanks / Like

I caught a 14" largemouth this afternoon on a roadrunner. Was searching out a pond for crappie (not sure if there are any in there). Not what I was targeting but the roadrunner definately worked.

Post Thanks / Like

Double rig...2' off bottom, RR on bottom, gold hook 2' above...Vertical jig, or drift under float..( windy)...

Post Thanks / Like

Been a diehard roadrunner fan for many years.There are times when they will out fish most any other bait and sometimes don't produce very well like any other lure.Regardless of water depth I never fish it without a pause and retrieve.I catch more fish letting it go all the way to the bottom than any other way.Crank it a few rounds and just keep bouncing it of the bottom on the retrieve .I prefer to cast for crappie and they really work the best at 8-15 ft. deep.I fish 1/16 original heads in chartreuse and pink with various plastics and like any other lure never without a crappie nibble.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12