Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Side imaging

Post Thanks / Like

Does it show PVC? Can you capture the screens or did you just shoot it with a camera? Post some more samples.

Looks like I'm going to have to start saving the pennies.

Get The Net

Post Thanks / Like

Water clarity has no bearing on the unit, nor does day or night (I had someone ask the that saying it wouldn't work at night because the sun isnt out) Sun has nothing to do with it, its just regular sonar waves. PVC does show up but its not very well defind, the shadow will show up better.

The best place for all question and answers is the yahoo group called sideimaging.

Another difference between the 797 and 997, is the 997 uses dual frequency the 797 has only one, most that have the 997 use the one frequency like the 797 has. Also the 797 has only one mmc card slot, the 997 has 2 card slots. If you bought 797 and plan on using a card with lake maps you will not be able to take snap shots with the map card in the unit at the same time. You will have to remove it and place a different card in it.

Here is a pic with mine, it shows some brushpiles and xmas trees the reason you can tell its a xmas tree is look at the shadow it cast.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by TAE73; 05-16-2007 at 03:52 PM.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen these sonars in stores, but I didn't even look at the prices on them. I'm sure they are very expensive, but I can also see how well they perform. Thanks for the post.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wow

Just looked up the price on this unit. Its about $1700-$2000 depending on who you get it from. My question is.. Do they make this unit without the GPS system? Other than marking good fishing spots, I don't need the GPS protion and I'm sure it drives the price up considerably.

Thanks,
    Buzz

Post Thanks / Like

Once you see the gps on this thing, you would not want it with out the gps. When I first got it, I did not intend on using the gps. But since I started using it, I have quit using my other gps units. The gps on this unit is just awsome.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Another good thing about the unit with GPS. As you are riding in your boat and you spot something on the sonar that you will want to go back and fish later. All you have to do is move your cursor over that spot and mark it. And you never have to slow down. What happens is the screen freeze frames while you run you cursor over the spot and mark it. After it is marked you go back to normal sonar.

I have the 987C and have had it about a year. As they say I would not leave home without it.

Shilored is the one that recommended it.

Jim
    Likes h0MbrE LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Would you guys cut it out:D I would love to have a 997 maybe before to long they will drop some in price to where I could afford one. The bluegills beds look awesome I wonder if you could find Redear beds as easily.

Post Thanks / Like

Go to www.humminbird.com They are offering to sell these things and set up a payment plan for you. hehehe That should make it easier to get one of these units.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Richard, I've got one on the way because of Mr. Simpson in Kansas had one at crappie camp. We had a blast playing with it. If all goes well there's nothing safe or sacred on the lake. Jerry and I think we have an application for it when hovering on brushpiles. All theory now but soon to be applied.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird

O.K., Lets say I decide to buy one of these for my Nitro. Would you recommend mouniting on the front of the boat at the trolling motor or back near the driver's seat? I know this has been a topic of discussion before, but just wondering who has them where?

Buzz

P.S. Can I come stay with one of you when my wife kicks me out for buying a $2000 depth finder?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast