Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 105 of 116 FirstFirst ... 55595102103104105106107108115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1154

Thread: Thunderbird archives

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the link. Will be interesting to see how high it gets if we get another dose tomorrow!

Lake Thunderbird
    Everyone has a secret talent they didn't know about until tequila.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boat49 View Post
    Here's the link. Will be interesting to see how high it gets if we get another dose tomorrow!

Lake Thunderbird
    Scroll to the bottom of the page on the link, far right box, 10 inches of rain in 4 days

Post Thanks / Like

it definitely is incredible. I was down there yesterday just to witness it myself and ive never seen anything like it. every dock was an island. however a few brave souls decided it was safe to launch their boat at hog creek boat ramp. they were pretty much loading and unloading in the usual turn around area. which I thought was a bit crazy. at twin bridges its so high you couldn't drive a boat under the west side and its about to touch the east side. not to mention all the trash, debris, and floating logs that are everywhere. also if you come from the north side from I-40, do not go Choctaw road/120th. The road is completely washed out in several places and there is no crossing. at one of them someone must not have seen the road closed signs because they drove there truck off into the location where the tinhorns had be removed. water is one bad mother.

Post Thanks / Like

For those who haven't been out there, here's a video someone took on Saturday showing the twin bridges, fisherman's point, hog creek and some other spots.

Post Thanks / Like

Saw it today, sure is a mess. I wonder if the weather stabilizes and they don't draw down the lake too fast if the crappie will still try to spawn?

Post Thanks / Like

If you click on the link I posted and go to the monthly charts page, you can click July 2007 and see that the lake got to 1048.23 on the 14th and it took them until Sept. 21 to get it to 1039.64. That's when they stopped to releasing of water. Pretty slow draw down it seems compared to some lakes I've seen.
    Everyone has a secret talent they didn't know about until tequila.

Post Thanks / Like

This stinks. I've been itching to try out my new DIY crappie light for a week now. Does anyone know if there are any safe spots? Accessible docks?.

Post Thanks / Like

Went to T-Bird today to see what was biting in the rain, and ended up coming home with these four beauties. Between 19-21". Caught probably five more on top of these, but they weren't legal. Also caught a few sand bass here and there, but only brought the one home. Between about 6-8pm on a black and chartreuse grub off one of the numerous boat ramps that are closed due to the high water. Water was very murky. I was wading up to my knees and was casting out about 40 feet, but they were hitting about 10-15 feet in front of me in probably 3-4 feet of water. It was a great afternoon.

Interesting footnote...in the second picture you can see a shad that one of them had started to regurgitate.Name:  100_2978.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  30.0 KBName:  100_2981.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  43.5 KB

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice job BBailey!!
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

that's impressive!! I wouldn't think anything would be biting besides maybe catfish the way the lake is right now. good to know!