Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Evergreen......Open Water

Post Thanks / Like

Wilbur.....I do not see them on the bank today side scanning. They maybe in the some of the little back bays. I side scanned quite a bit today. I went east of the island and saw a few on sidescan in 8ft. East of the buoys. I hunted for about 2 hrs before dropping a line. Was SLOW and two VERY LARGE drift socks kept me at .5 By 10am I was the only boat out drifting. Everyone was hugging the shore but did not see many fish bringing them over the side! My guess 10 boats out today. I was catching smaller fish and kept only three good size fish. Catching them on 1/80oz jigs I dressed up for the dance.

Name:  DSCN1456.JPG
Views: 341
Size:  124.3 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by plateboater View Post
    2nd the prayers....You mapping with Lowrance?
    No, I'm using my Humminbird 899 and AutoChart Pro from LakeMaster. I found some interesting structure and started a thread on the main forum about it.
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-...ook-found-acp/
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

What's the water temp at evergreen before today?
    And with that, I'll see you on the water...
    John
    Remember to take your kids fishn'

Post Thanks / Like

Bill, they are just not there. The population has been severely damaged. When you started coming down the population was decent. There was an announcement made early this year, then retracted, regarding the change in length and number limit. They decided not to change it this year but it is coming. They need to ask the anglers because the hoop net surveys are biased and not really producing mean results. I let this issue be known with several other very good local anglers 3 years ago and they are all in agreement today. The areas I used to go to following "patterns" now have 75-80% less fish. What used to take 2hrs. To get my 10 now takes almost a half a day. Yes , areas that held 4 fish now have 1 , 8 now 2 and so on. I would like to here your opinion after a couple of more trips. I hate to say it and this won't be a popular statement but the population has been mismanaged.
    HOOKED-FISHING.COM CDC PROUD SPONSOR
    B'n'M Pro Staff
    Bobby Garland Crappie Baits Pro Staff
    Outdoor Writer
    Likes hotrodsrx, wilbur LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sparky197 View Post
    Bill, they are just not there. The population has been severely damaged. When you started coming down the population was decent. There was an announcement made early this year, then retracted, regarding the change in length and number limit. They decided not to change it this year but it is coming. They need to ask the anglers because the hoop net surveys are biased and not really producing mean results. I let this issue be known with several other very good local anglers 3 years ago and they are all in agreement today. The areas I used to go to following "patterns" now have 75-80% less fish. What used to take 2hrs. To get my 10 now takes almost a half a day. Yes , areas that held 4 fish now have 1 , 8 now 2 and so on. I would like to here your opinion after a couple of more trips. I hate to say it and this won't be a popular statement but the population has been mismanaged.
    I totally agree with you. Evergreen recieves a ton of fishing pressure and I think the population is suffering BIG TIME.

Post Thanks / Like

I was there 3 times last year and did good all 3. This is the first time I got a big goose egg. But now that you mention it it has slowed compared to 4 yrs. ago. Thanks Sparky which you would of posted this before I bought a year pass.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

For you not to find them, especially pre spawn is a sign of things to come. Drive another 1/2 hour to Clinton and you won't be disappointed. Evergreen will come back if people exercise some conservation during the spawn for sure. Hope for high water.
    HOOKED-FISHING.COM CDC PROUD SPONSOR
    B'n'M Pro Staff
    Bobby Garland Crappie Baits Pro Staff
    Outdoor Writer

Post Thanks / Like

New creel limit on crappie and sauger this 2015 season?
    And with that, I'll see you on the water...
    John
    Remember to take your kids fishn'

Post Thanks / Like

Yes.....you can go to larrysfishinghole.com to get the info

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone planning on going this weekend?

Might give it a shot Saturday, they should be moving shallow. Good luck to all.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast