Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone cast -- throw and retrieve with a lure -- for crappie? (lures / rodnreel)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by livemusic View Post
    I fish a 5" fluke for bass and catch some dandy white perch. I mean crappie. So, I am thinking of trying 3" flukes. I also like to throw small spinner baits and could try small crank baits. Just curious, do crappie fisherman cast for crappie like we do for bass and what are the setups? Curious about lures and also what rod/reel! Lots of questions, lol. Any comments on this? Thanks.
    I fish for Crappie just like I do for Bass and Walleye....same rods, reels, and braid....only thing that changes is the size of my swim baits and sickle hook size.
    For Crappie I use a 1/16 or 1/8 jighead with a 1/0 sickle hook, and a 2.8 to 3 inch swimmer....they will hit a 5 inch swim bait during certain times of the year.
    I developed my system, to be able to target all the species I fish for, without having the extra cost of separate equipment, lures, etc, for each.
    Keitech USA Pro Staff
    Likes scrat, livemusic LIKED above post

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by INTIMIDATOR View Post
    I fish for Crappie just like I do for Bass and Walleye....same rods, reels, and braid....only thing that changes is the size of my swim baits and sickle hook size.
    For Crappie I use a 1/16 or 1/8 jighead with a 1/0 sickle hook, and a 2.8 to 3 inch swimmer....they will hit a 5 inch swim bait during certain times of the year.
    I developed my system, to be able to target all the species I fish for, without having the extra cost of separate equipment, lures, etc, for each.
    what jig head do you use in brush ? do you use Charlie brewer sliders ?I already use slider bodies for red ear/ bluegill . The areas are really stump/brushy and thick vines .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by INTIMIDATOR View Post
    You use a 2.8 to 3.0 inch swimmer, do you mind saying what type and what colors you like? I like what you are saying.

Post Thanks / Like

In the spring our fish move to the shoreline to spawn so we have a couple of months where casting is a very effective way to catch fish I prefer 1/16 oz with most any type of plastics when they get aggressive grubs and sliders are deadly.I have been trying to develop a great swimbait jighead and so far this spring this set up has been deadly...it a 1/16 with a recessed eye,a wire keeper and the new #4 mustad 28 degree exta wide gap hook if a fish takes a swipe at this set up it's in trouble...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eagle 1 View Post
    what jig head do you use in brush ? do you use Charlie brewer sliders ?I already use slider bodies for red ear/ bluegill . The areas are really stump/brushy and thick vines .
    I use a tungsten weedless jig head sold by the swimbait company that I buy from...I'll send you a PM.
    You can also use a weighted swimbait hook, and rig them weedless....many options!
    Keitech USA Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by livemusic View Post
    You use a 2.8 to 3.0 inch swimmer, do you mind saying what type and what colors you like? I like what you are saying.
    PM sent
    Keitech USA Pro Staff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12