Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 313839404142 LastLast

Thread: New Member Introductions

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cactusjd14 View Post
    Have been a green carp guy since I could pick up a pole but I got bored with it and my new obsession are slabs and I am absolutely hooked!! I mainly fish Columbus and Aberdeen lakes and a lot down around the camp pratt area but may venture up to the tenn river on the waters I grew up on, I had good success this year getting in the swing of things but am looking to improve this year. I am starting to make my own jigs and am looking for any advice from some of you seasoned vets that may fish the same areas as me or can give any advice at all to a young eager chaser of crappie. thanks
    Welcome aboard
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

hi, i'm murdok. live in bassfield. been crappie fishin for a few years now. mainly fish the rez and ms river oxbows but i have license in 5 states just in case i get a break from work. nothing wrong with the occasional specked trout trip either.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome murdok from Illinois.
    Lets go soak a line. Pat

Post Thanks / Like

Howdy folks.
    Was a member back in early and mid two thousands. I Fished Bulta as much as about anybody back then I guess. Had to move for work and been plain busy for a while. Been doing some green carp fishin over here in Arkansas. Just ain't as much fun as those fat Butla crappie..
    I'm told the lake has changed some since then and I hope the fish are still big and fat. Im hoping to start making a few trips over there this year and thump a few on my old jig pole.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back jengland.
    I believe I remember you from the past, if you lived south of Butla.
    Butla wasn't allowed to fill enough for 2 years and the spawn hurt. A bit of over fishing, now it's starting to get back.
    Some good keepers are coming out of the lake, but not any pigs like years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, same guy. I remember your handel.I hate to here that about the lake. It was in one of its big fish cycles for sure back then. It will be back. Can't wait to visit a few of my old haunts.

Post Thanks / Like

My name is Braden, and I grew up saltwater fishing out of Venice, LA. I now live in Madson, MS. Just fixed up an old flatboat that survived Katrina down there, and am looking to learn how to freshwater fish. I have been crappie fishing for 1 day now, ha!
    Likes KDAVID1, crappiejim LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard. Stand by to get a education from some and messed with by others! lol
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Sales and service on Directv and Wildblue internet
    Owner of Sickle Jigs.
    Slab Bandit Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Great, thanks for the warm welcome!

Post Thanks / Like

Been reading forth last couple months, finally decided to join. From Jackson, been fishing for years, just haven't been as serious about it as I think I am now. friend of mine and his paw-in-law (T. Moss) have given me the crappie bug. Over the last few months I have pretty much bought a whole new set up, boat down to the jigs. So far these crappie are as expensive as the ducks I chase.

Fish the Rez and Lake Washington.

Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 313839404142 LastLast