Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 334041424344454653 ... LastLast

Thread: Minn Kota i Pilot questions and answers

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Joe, like already mentioned make sure you have at least 8 gauge wire. 6 would be better. Make sure all connections are clean and tight. Loose or dirty connections causes resistance to go up which causes amp draw to go up. Ohm's law. I hope they replaced that TM after the problem was found. Some components could have been damaged when applying 36V to it.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default Breaker

Talked to Minn Kota today. They told me the breaker needs to be 60 amp.
    Will check to see what I have. They said that the motor running ok on 8 and not on 10 sounded like a breaker.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle Bill View Post
    Joe, like already mentioned make sure you have at least 8 gauge wire. 6 would be better. Make sure all connections are clean and tight. Loose or dirty connections causes resistance to go up which causes amp draw to go up. Ohm's law. I hope they replaced that TM after the problem was found. Some components could have been damaged when applying 36V to it.

Post Thanks / Like

I went breakerless, direct connect.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine does this every now and then but I think nothing of it. I'll just go down in speed. Mind never tripped the breaker either. It doesn't always happen at full speed so I don't know what it could be. Hopefully your motor isn't full of fishing line.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mervin View Post
    I went breakerless, direct connect.
    Definitely not a good idea. Remember circuit breakers protect people not equipment as a lot of people think.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Forgive me if this has been covered before, I did some searching and have looked through and I admit I could have missed it... But anyway, I got the Terrova (12V with the long shaft with the built in I-Pilot and I-Link. Got that mounted on the boat. Also got a 859 HD DI unit and sent off to the Humminbird to get the transducer to mount on the trolling motor - as I plan on this unit being mounted up in the bow (later will get a SI unit, maybe... but that is a couple more Christmas' worth of gift cards and saving). Anyway, I got the transducer mounted tonight on the trolling motor (see pics attached) but I am little concerned as everything else I have seen has the fin in the back and the transducer in the front. As you see mine is pretty much the only location that it will mount. I have two concerns, just not knowing. Is that fin going cause a shadow? I can't say for sure but it looks to maybe be in the cone of the transducer. My second concern, being that close to prop is that going to cause any interferance on the transducer? Thanks in advance. The information in this forum has been most helpful in both making the choice to go this route, configuration, and so far with the installation.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see any pics?

Post Thanks / Like

You shouldn't get any turbulence interference but maybe rf interference and that fin shouldn't cause a shadow.
    Likes rcornish LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Got distracted and forgot to attach the pics. Here they are...Name:  2015-03-25 20.58.45.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  37.8 KBName:  2015-03-25 20.58.37.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  42.5 KB

Post Thanks / Like

that looks good! just make sure the ducer sits level in the water, and not rocked right to left or front to back and you will be fine!

Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 334041424344454653 ... LastLast