Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie size limit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello, newbie here. I work for the DNR, sad to say but one of the higher ups is a fish hog. He brags about being the BEST fisherman, refuses to go home without his limit, drops off his limit then back out again. Also the state has put a "freeze" on hiring. We are down several people, for over a year. All of us struggle to do 2 jobs or more. As far as I know no more CO's will be hired. Most only do what they have to, or what makes them look good. I personally don't think we need more laws. Someone else said cheaters will still cheat. Myself I go out catch a meal for the family, and enjoy the time on the water. I also teach my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren to respect nature and the Earth. To many people "follow" the law and recklessly take more than they need from nature, just so they can brag to be the best. They were never taught respect, so they will always find a way to go around the law. We need to teach others to respect what we have, before it gets wasted. Unfortunately no law can do that. Sorry I will step down from the soap box.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dask View Post
    ...sad to say but one of the higher ups is a fish hog. He brags about being the BEST fisherman, refuses to go home without his limit, drops off his limit then back out again...
    Not surprising Dask. A buddy of mine was stopped while deer hunting on his Grandmas property with written permission by a CO that had a stand on her property without any permission. When you are the "Law" whose gonna question you? I am sure a lot more crooked stuff goes on in the DNR than we all really want to know. It's a government agency...

As far as size limits... I hope it never happens! Regulate your own self if you want a size limit. Don't put a regulation on me if your ticked off because you only catch 9" crappie. Fish somewhere else then. There has already been a fish study done on Salamonie and Mississinewa to show a 10" limit would be pointless. My wife and I go out to have fun. We keep enough for a meal or two and thats it. The rest get released. If all I can catch that particular day is 9" crappies then so be it. They taste just as good!