Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Crappie nibbles.. Seriously do they work?

Post Thanks / Like

Nobody has mentioned the 1" Gulp minnows for tipping. I find them to make a big difference. I have had other boats gradually move closer and closer to my boat to see what I was using. Took out with me a guy that has instructed fishing and has written magazine articles and has been a guide and he was amazed how much a difference the 1" Gulp minnows made. I out fished him about 5 to 1 until he started using the Gulp minnows. Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I love the nibblets and the gulp minnows. If the bite is slow they are my go to baits. Never leave home without the chart sparkles. If it is cold out, much nicer on the hands than fooling with minnows to tip the jigs. I don't care much for gloves.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't leave home without them. I agree there are days they might not make much difference. But I think they do make a difference on days they are interested but a little hesitant in taking your bait. Try drying them out a little before using them, they will stay on your hook longer.

I tried this at home one time when my wife wasn't there. I put them in a pie tin in a back room with a fan blowing on them and closed the door. About thirty minutes later my wife got home and was walking down the hallway when she says, "what is that smell?" When she opened the door, the smell took her breath away but not before yelling, "what are you doing?" Priceless!!
    Likes hawgdog, fishervet, shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I carry a heavy duty syringe that works great with nibbles the opening is fairly large so it works best with bigger baits like my pickpocket's or umbrella tubes,I am a believer in nibbles so much so i designed the pickpocket so that it could be injected with any type paste bait(need to try gewbers)i'm not saying i use them at all times but when things are tough i will use them and in my opinion they do help.
    Pick Pocket Pump at Simply Crappie
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

they do work for me

Post Thanks / Like

I have them in the boat and use them from time to time, can't tell any difference with or without them. I fish mostly in cooler water, late November through mid March, maybe they work better in warmer water.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about crappie but the pink ones really attract my little daughter into a few fishing trips with me!
    Likes chrispy, KAG, stanimals2 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Pop, i have tried the nibbles but never had success keeping them in or on my bait but the gulp minnows are a differant story, they are always in my boat. Took my father in law out one day and he was using live minnows all I was doing was putting the gulp minnows on a red 1/8 ounce jig head and bouncing it slowing on botom as I retreived it, they were killing it. Made a beleiver out of him and thats not easy to to do.

Post Thanks / Like

I have caught a bunch on gulp minnows. Never buy live bait and if I feel like I need minnows I use gulp.

Post Thanks / Like

I use them when minnows don't work.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast