Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No Spill Minnow Bucket

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know how long the engle cooler/bait cooler has been in business? I have a cooler,it the same cooler but mines name is "cool liner",exactly as the engel,,had it 10 years or so
    HEY,,WATCH THAT YELLOW ROD

Post Thanks / Like

Engels. I have one for each boat.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The Engel looks to be the ticket to me. I bought a 5 gallon liner and cut 4 of the 8 tabs off of the 5 gallon lid. So I have the liner, the liner lid, empty space for stuff like nets, then the 5 gallon lid with a hole thru both lids for the air hose and a Frabill battery air pump that hangs on the side. Pleased so far for my needs. I have a fluid bed for powder painting that uses a 110volt air pump that I attach when they'll be around a few days. I use jigs mostly and the local minnow guys don't like me.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I got tired of using styrofoam minnow buckets after I broke one in the boat. I went to Wally world and bought an igloo 12 quart cooler I think It was $15. I have a couple of the bubbler aerorators already. I drilled a hole in the side of the cooler and ran my hose in it. Then just end attached it to the side. Works great. Keeps minnows cool and oxygenated. And the lid isn't flyin off running down the lake. And it won't break.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Likes "G", willietex75766, Lenny LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dlogfish View Post
    I got tired of using styrofoam minnow buckets after I broke one in the boat. I went to Wally world and bought an igloo 12 quart cooler I think It was $15. I have a couple of the bubbler aerorators already. I drilled a hole in the side of the cooler and ran my hose in it. Then just end attached it to the side. Works great. Keeps minnows cool and oxygenated. And the lid isn't flyin off running down the lake. And it won't break.
    I converted the exact same cooler back in November. Ha. It works pretty good
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

"There are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Post Thanks / Like

Engel for me. Best purchase for minnow I made. Sits in boat and doesn't move.

Post Thanks / Like

Hit a wave wrong at Washington the other day running about 50, Engel was on the front of the BassCat, rarely move it around just leave it where it is. the bounce of the boat turned the cooler over on its side, didnt worry about it at all, when I pulled into the dock it was laying on its side and had not lost a drop of water. Went through a lot of building this and building that before I bought one, cheaper to just start with the Engel and be done with it. Heck I stand on mine from time to time, very stout!!
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925
    Likes Lenny LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with Rees. I have the 30 qt. The aerator that comes with it is loud so I opted not to use it.
    Likes Rees Guide LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DockShootinJack View Post
    I converted the exact same cooler back in November. Ha. It works pretty good
    Hi Jack,,, How did you attach the air pump to the cooler?
    THANKS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast