HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are Missouri's best crappie lakes?

MOFUNFISHIN Guest

huh when i fish for crappie i dont care to catch carp, and large catfish because if you are catching those on crappie lures you 're obviously not doing something right. wappapello in my opinion is a great lake to fish for crappie this time of year. you need a boat with a spider rig type set up and key on the flats. this is an opinion you fish where you want but for fishing the way i like to fish its the lake for me and im only a little over and hour away.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MOFUNFISHIN
    huh when i fish for crappie i dont care to catch carp, and large catfish because if you are catching those on crappie lures you 're obviously not doing something right.
    Well I cant say if you catch a trash fish you are doing something wrong. I have caught a 6 lb flathead cat the same spot I was catching crappie on a crappie jig. I dont go out to fish for other those species, I cant help that what I am throwing looks tasty to them. I will cuss them as they come to the top and unhook them, or if its a cat and its worth cleaning I will keep them. And for sure if a carp fisherman is close and I catch a legal one, its in the box for dinner just to piss them off.

To say what everyones "best lake" is will get mixed reviews. Everyone will say that one perticular lake is good, and other will say it sucks. Any lake that I can go out and have a good time and catch a few fish is a good lake in my book. I play favorites to LOZ, Truman, and Mark Twain only becuase they are close. And I can usually come away with something. Either a good mess of fish, or a memory of times that I did come away with a mess of fish.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MOFUNFISHIN
    huh when i fish for crappie i dont care to catch carp, and large catfish because if you are catching those on crappie lures you 're obviously not doing something right.
    ????

Seems to me if you can catch a "large"catfish using crappie gear,then your are obviously doing something right!!
    State record for flathead in Kansas was caught by a crappie fisherman,over 70 pounds.Whats the problem with that?

Post Thanks / Like

Being from St. Louis and a crappie enthusiast myself, I feel it necessary to mention that there is a lot of quality fishing opportunity east of the Mississippi. Within a reasonable drive there is Rend Lake, Carlyle, Shelbyville, the Kaskaskia river, Kincaid Lake, Cedar Lake, Lake Egypt and Coffeen to pull some off the top of my head. I have not fished all of these personally but have friends (YES, I have friends!) that have and do regularly. From St. Louis LOZ, Truman, Bull Shoals and Table Rock are not what I consider "day trips" but are worth spending the night for. Kentucky Lake is the same drive time as LOZ and don't overlook Reelfoot Lake in TN which is just over three hours and some of the most beautiful scenery along with great crappie, bluegill, bass and catfish fishing and the nicest people at the Eaglenest Resort.

So there is my spin on fishin' holes. Welcome to back to StL and good luck.
    My worst day of fishin' is still better than my best day at work!

Post Thanks / Like

I ran across this thread while searching for new crappie holes on Google. I shot a response on the"Reply" button. Then I wondered when the original question was posted. Wow, ten years ago!
    So, ten years later, Stalker, where is YOUR favorite local water?
    My worst day of fishin' is still better than my best day at work!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget about Stockton and Pomme. Stuck here in Spring Patch and those are my go to lakes. Very productive year around.
    Likes 12Packaday, peculiarmike LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 12Packaday View Post
    I ran across this thread while searching for new crappie holes on Google. I shot a response on the"Reply" button. Then I wondered when the original question was posted. Wow, ten years ago!
    So, ten years later, Stalker, where is YOUR favorite local water?
    kost plus crappie team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phishin View Post
    Don't forget about Stockton and Pomme. Stuck here in Spring Patch and those are my go to lakes. Very productive year around.
    You COULD be stuck someplace bad.
    I'll smoke just about anything (in my smoker)
    The fishing is always great. The catching varies.

Post Thanks / Like

Stockton is nothing but a big gar hole. Its to clear to be good for crappie. Don't waste your time fishing that lake.
    Fish like your hungry!
    Likes beagle man, peculiarmike LIKED above post

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dongotto View Post
    Stockton is nothing but a big gar hole. Its to clear to be good for crappie. Don't waste your time fishing that lake.
    Truman is just full of carp and drum. Way way to muddy to be even be decent for crappie. Not worth your time either. Surely there is a lake somewhere worth fishing in MO
    Likes capt.hook, dfar, vic n LIKED above post

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast