HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite float???

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite ones are OP's (other peoples)
    Those are the "free" ones I find hanging in trees, washed up on the bank, or hung on underwater wood.

Who makes them ?? Most I find are the Comal pear shaped & cigar shaped styrofoam, or Thill styrofoam pear/oval shaped ones. I don't much care for the spring end style floats, so I leave them for someone else.

... cp
    Likes shipahoy41, Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have a variety different floats have different action. All depends on what I'm doing.
    Likes Yodibuzz LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jackie53 View Post
    The Floats from Crappie magnet.
    I agree, they are great and you can take them off with no problem.

For long casting, I really like "Adjust a Float" fill with water and adjust to any depth very easy.

Post Thanks / Like

If you ever try another bobber for the last time you have to get yourself a few ESB's or Everlasting Slip Bobber....The Everlasting Slip Bobber - the world's finest slip bobber! The BEST bobber I have ever owned and have never had one fade or break or have any issues what so ever, and I fish with them ALL the time! I will continue to buy (if I ever need to again) from them only. The bobbrs are perfect and well made with metal in the stem that lasts! Trust me. Try tem out. You'll never get another bobber again. I can guarantee.
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Likes Jigsoaker, dkb23, kycreek LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I must collect floats. I have a box full. Mostly Thill with some Mr Crappie weighted floats thrown in. I like the wing it floats also. I bought two of the Rocket Bobbers in the panfish size but haven't used them.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

These are my favorite floats. Each has a purpose. Walmart and Thill.

Name:  Go to slipfloat rig.jpg
Views: 3435
Size:  26.9 KB
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Likes Crestliner08, Jigsoaker LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The floats from crappie magnet work great with a 1/32 hair jig, but my all time favorite is a plain old cork drilled and lined with a small straw that my Dad used to make.

RCC is offline Crappie.com Legend and Arkansas Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    My favorite ones are OP's (other peoples)
    Those are the "free" ones I find hanging in trees, washed up on the bank, or hung on underwater wood.

Who makes them ?? Most I find are the Comal pear shaped & cigar shaped styrofoam, or Thill styrofoam pear/oval shaped ones. I don't much care for the spring end style floats, so I leave them for someone else.

... cp

Floats in trees=good place to fish. Sometimes I just hang a few up in a bad place to fish to throw people off. I usually leave the spring end ones hanging cause most people don't want those

Someone needs to put Fatman on the float pro staff. Awesome collection dude.

I use the trout, strike indicators from Chuck and Debs. Great prices great floats.
    RCC's Crappie Eradication Service
    Eliminating your slab problems one fish at a time
    For free estimates give us a call at O U 812.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shipahoy41 View Post
    These are my favorite floats. Each has a purpose. Walmart and Thill.

Name:  Go to slipfloat rig.jpg
Views: 3435
Size:  26.9 KB
    I use that cigar from wal mart. I put a couple #4 weights on the #6 line and I can reach out to them brush piles out from the docks in our neighborhood. Sometimes I just don't wanna hassle with a boat. It is fun to watch a bobber go down from a distance.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes gillchaser999 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Kick - hold on to the ones you have, I was reading that the metal tips he use's went up big time in price and he's looking for something else to match. trying to think where I saw it!

RCC - that's only a couple of the pictures It would take another 5-6 to show them all!!LOL The wife thought I was really going off the deep end!!LOL The one's I got in the deal on ebay cost me $10 + shipping and that to me was a steal!!!!!!!!

This is another one of them only to show how long the guy I got them from on ebay had them - look at the price tags!!LOL

Wish they sold for that today!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast