Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishers

Post Thanks / Like

I'll take the heat for this as I totally overreacted it appears. I misunderstood Fishers. It all started with one message of concern and steamrolled from there. I apologize to everybody.

Post Thanks / Like

cp...you did the right thing!.....dave
    "Everyone should believe in something;
    I believe I'll go fishing." ...H.D. Thoreau

Proud Member of
    TEAM GEEZER
    Likes Hat55 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappa View Post
    I'll take the heat for this as I totally overreacted it appears. I misunderstood Fishers. It all started with one message of concern and steamrolled from there. I apologize to everybody.

Naw you were just being a good friend. I couldn't find Dstreet one time and did the same thing, but we found him down to the dance hall. He was standing in the middle of the dance floor asleep. When we woke him up, he started to do the robot.

Post Thanks / Like

No worries Allen. You were just looking out for me and I appreciate that. In this day and age we take connectivity for granted, or at least I do, and when you dont hear back from someone it can set off alarm bells.

Post Thanks / Like

I am just glad we belong to a group that cares about each other this much. No one wrong here. What do you expect we are just a bunch of crazy crappie fishermen? Blessings this day on all.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

DrNip is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deerhunterodie View Post
    Chris below is the same info we were all given. I received several phone calls early Friday morning. I have connections at OHP and set them into motion. I too am sorry for the confusion. Bottom line is you are home safe. Not pointing fingers at anyone but communication is the key here.

DrNip wrote: Yeah he stated he was going to be there one day as he was starting a new job the next day.

Crappie jiggin wrote : Just got off the phone with Allen and I'm pretty sure he stated that Chris was only going down for the day. Allen is on the road right, but I'm sure he will chime in once he gets home.

Odie
    LOL, I received my info from Allen and I would run with it again if he told me something especially if someones life might be at danger! No harm though. Just a lot of caring and concern by a great group of guys around here.
    Last edited by DrNip; 02-15-2015 at 09:36 AM.
    Likes Crappie Reaper, dstreet LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I think Allen and everyone handled this perfectly. Allen, you did not react too early at all. We are a caring group of folks and it showed big time in this event. We all know that bad things happen to good people and they happen quickly & unexpectedly! I would hope if the same circumstances occur again, we all would react the same way. Chris, I'm glad you are home safe. Allen, Chris is fortunate to have you as a friend! Hopefully we all learned something from this. And for me, I say "Thanks be to God"!
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Likes ckcg4, Hat55, fishn_a_ledge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappa View Post
    I gonna talk to Ed about changing your name to "Mama Hen".
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry
    Likes IkenI, dstreet LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Allen 4-5 days not hearing from somebody now days is a long time. I would have did the same thing. Most of us are married so we would be finding a phone ASAP if we couldn't get cell phone coverage in an area just to let them know "better to be safe than sorry"

DrNip is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll tell you what, wish I could get away by myself for a week fishing multiple waters and unplugged from the norm.
    Likes deerhunterodie, Redge, dstreet LIKED above post

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast