Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishers

DrNip is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deerhunterodie View Post
    I am glad you are home safe. A lot of man hours put in by friends, game wardens, sherrifs departments, OHP and others. Lesson to be learned here is, if you tell your friends you are going to be back in a day or 2 and your plans change, it would be a good idea to let someone know. There are land lines and computers almost eveywhere in AMERICA. Sorry to be so blunt, but we all pulled a lot of strings looking for you.

Odie
    x2 on this. People care and get worried. Make contact.
    Likes Frank300, clove100 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Glad all is well. I can't get service on my cell phone when I stay at Pine Creek. No problems at Texoma or McGee Creek. I always leave the phone number of the Camp ground host where I am staying with someone at home so if there is an emergency they can call and leave word.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, a lot of stress, work and worry came through this lesson. I'm probably guilty of pulling the trigger early. But time is your enemy in a missing situation. Chris I'm sorry if this causes you angst but I would do it again in a second if it didn't smell right and I would hope you all would do the same. You just never know what can happen in a blink, and the sooner you act the better your odds of a good outcome.
    Likes deerhunterodie, Hat55 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Odie my plans didnt change! I just read all the posts. Let me clarify some wrong information please. I never said I would be back in a day, I never said I had work scheduled for the next day. I dont know who said that. I took the the whole week off work to go fishing. I took my fly fishing stuff with me so that I could fish beavers bend. I fished Hugo Tues., Beavers Bend Wed., Thurs. and Fri. and back at Hugo today. The trip went as planned, except that there was no cell coverage for me. I checked crappie .com on the hotel wi-fi wed evening for fishing reports but no one was looking for me at that point. Again I appreciate the concern and am sorry for the confusion.
    Likes deerhunterodie, ckcg4, Crappie Reaper LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Sooooo, can I return to being my inappropriate self now? I didn't feel right talking about poop or Ciller's solid wang until Fishers was found. I kept having visions of Fishers waking up in a deep hole in southeastern Oklahoma wearing pantyhose and lipstick, while some good ole' boy told him to "put the lotion on it's skin." Now we have to look at your face on the side of a milk carton for the next couple months.

Post Thanks / Like

Chris below is the same info we were all given. I received several phone calls early Friday morning. I have connections at OHP and set them into motion. I too am sorry for the confusion. Bottom line is you are home safe. Not pointing fingers at anyone but communication is the key here.

DrNip wrote: Yeah he stated he was going to be there one day as he was starting a new job the next day.

Crappie jiggin wrote : Just got off the phone with Allen and I'm pretty sure he stated that Chris was only going down for the day. Allen is on the road right, but I'm sure he will chime in once he gets home.

Odie
    Common sense isn't always that common!

Post Thanks / Like

Now that you are home, how was the fishing on Hugo?? I don't trout fish so that is not important! LOL!

Odie
    Common sense isn't always that common!
    Likes crapAlicous LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deerhunterodie View Post
    Now that you are home, how was the fishing on Hugo?? I don't trout fish so that is not important! LOL!

Odie
    I do ..... so send a reort on it also.

(glad you're safe)
    Proud member of TEAM GEEZER
    Likes deerhunterodie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear your ok

Post Thanks / Like

Hugo was pretty poor tues so I headed to broken bow. Can always catch trout on a fly in tail waters regardless of time of year or weather conditions. First time for me on the lower mountain fork. It was better than I expected, caught several 15 to 18 inch fish in 3 days with lots of smaller fish. Got to sight fish for big bows with dries and nymphs. Fished for a couple of 24 inch plus fish, didnt spend too much time on them tho as it was obvious they weren't chumps. Hugo was really good this afternoon. I spent the time to really scout the river good and found 2 prime piles. Pulled 15 good fish off those piles in the last 2 hours. River got up to 55 the lake was 63 at the surface. Name:  IMG_20150212_110145.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  103.7 KBName:  IMG_20150212_110208.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  107.6 KBName:  IMG_20150212_151253.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  64.1 KBName:  IMG_20150214_153125.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  59.4 KBName:  IMG_20150214_153134.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  57.5 KB

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast