Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BPS crappie Max rods

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Signature Series Crappie Maxx 14fters. for spider rigging and i use them in different lengths for long lining. Great rods for sensitivity and backbone. Put one next to the PST's and they have the same bend it them using the same weight, just not as bulky or heavy as the PST's. And you can take them back and get a discount on a new one when they break as long as they're not older than 4yrs. LOVE THEM! With the spring fishing classic going on right now, trade in an old rod and get a discount on a new one.
    Fishing is like pizza.......Even when it's not that good, it's still pretty good!
    Member of Lanier Crappie Anglers.com or net
    Likes CrappieFlopper LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Yea I can get one for $35 right now. Spider rigging is out for me. I can only fish 2 poles at a time in PA, DE and MD. these style rods are def new for me. Just can't decide what size to get. 8' 9' or 10'. I'm pretty sure they will be good for fishing a cork/jig too

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like my 8 for that. Not o long and not to short for casting and use it a lot single poling in Buck brush. Take one or find a reel in the store that you would use. Put it on each one and check the balance to see which one might work the best.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes CrappieFlopper LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have four. Great poles. I fish a lot of heavy cover, and have beat them on cypress limbs for several years. They have held up great. Can lift a big perch in the boat with no problem.

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 9' and just bought 2 11' last weekend when they were on sale for $30 each. I'm going to use em for pushing while the BGJP's are pulling. It'll look like a chinese fire drill when I get busy, but I can't wait.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 9ft. It has good backbone and is pretty sensitive I use mine on docks for the places I can't shoot or get to by casting. But they are easy to break they are brittle.

Post Thanks / Like

Got the 8' mighty light today and paired it up with a Shimano Sahara 1000. Now just need to decide on a line. I'm been a huge fan of triple fish for years buy can only get it I'm 6 pound line and think they changed the name of it a a few years ago. Wanted to try something new. Almost bought a spool of P line floroclear. Prob going to pick that up next time I'm up at bass pro. No rush. The weather looks super cold here for the next week.

Post Thanks / Like

The 7ft rods are nice casting rods for spring spawn fishing and I have had good luck with the longer trolling rods.
    Fish like your hungry!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12