Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: article in kansas department of wildlife

Post Thanks / Like

nice video, amazed on the amount of fish hanging around it. but I would think that current and under tow would move them. maybe not

Post Thanks / Like

The problem is people dropping anchors straight down on the piles wood or plastic. That will tear up anything if anchors drag. Do not anchor straight down mark your spot then anchor up wind from the bow then let the wind drift you over the pile some distance then drop your back anchor then pull yourself up to the pile. You can adjust by tying onto one side of the boat or the other or by using front and back anchor ropes to get on exact spot. Okie crappie guys do this all the time. Very few use trolling motors to stay on pile like we do in Kansas.
    Likes springhillwantabe, Ozark88 LIKED above post

Craig Johnson is offline Moderator "Ask The Biologist" Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If you were having problems viewing the video link I originally posted you can now find the video on YouTube.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool design. Will be great for fish. Thanks for sharing.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Craig is there any way that someone could post the dates, time, place and any other pertinent info as to how a person could volunteer his time to help with contsruction or placement of these awesome structures? I would love to put my name on a list to be notified as to when I could help! Retired and willing to get involved! DK
    Likes KAG LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I also would like to be involved at Milford. So surprised the guy here is going to do it. One of the reasons I want to help is to move this along if possible here.
    Likes Scouts Out LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KAG View Post
    I also would like to be involved at Milford. So surprised the guy here is going to do it. One of the reasons I want to help is to move this along if possible here.
    D, I got his permission to drop a few Christmas trees that I have. He told me about the pvc/cubes. If you have any input on brush location, let me know. Brad

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scouts Out View Post
    D, I got his permission to drop a few Christmas trees that I have. He told me about the pvc/cubes. If you have any input on brush location, let me know. Brad
    When are you available to run around the lake? I can show you a few places I think would be good and its out of the way

I actually have a roll of that black drain tile they show. I have a 22ft 12k goose neck flatbed trailer that lots of stuff could be loaded on.....saves time running back and forth. I would dedicate a weekend to dropping stuff if there is interest

Post Thanks / Like

Dave, I am interested in lending a hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a plan, sent Brad an email asking when and such

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast