Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What crappie boat would you buy?

BAMA S is offline Crappie.com Legend and AL Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Love my g3 bay 20 DLX . You can fish all methods and she's stable for a tin boat. With a 150 yami she's in your price range.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Likes TowboatTroller, Cane Pole LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

For that kinda of coin I would buy a War Eagle 861 Predator...861 Predator - War Eagle Boats.
    For the Everlasting Glory of the Infantry.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Friend just bought a new WarEagle Blackhawk 20 ft center console. That is a fishing machine. Handles rough water, shallow water. He crappie fishes and cat fishes out of it. Enough room on front to fish 3 side by side spider rigging.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of ideas pop into my head.

I really like like the idea of a stick steer boat for certain times. A Royal stick steer would be the cadillac, a Gator would work too.

Since i I don't just crappie fish, something like the Stratos 1760DV would be in the running.

I really like the Tracker 175 TF that my buddy just bought. With vinyl floors (I'd want vinyl in whatever I got) and the double seating up front, it makes a nice crappie boat.

A Hyper lift Xpress would be sweet, as would a War Eagle predator. I really like center console boats, I'd have to research to pick one.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

Post Thanks / Like

Talk to Bill Burnett at Big River Marine. He knows boats! All boats.

"I just can't fish with one pole anymore"
    Black Fish Crappie Charters
    www.blackdoghuntingclub.com
    Likes BAMA S, BigRiverMarine LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

for 35K get a used Ranger Bay boat

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tncrappiebass View Post
    What is the best crappie boat to buy if you have a max of $35,000 cash to spend and why?
    It all depends on the lakes you fish and the style or method of crappie fishing that you do.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes Tn Johnboy LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warhawk View Post
    Lots of ideas pop into my head.

I really like like the idea of a stick steer boat for certain times. A Royal stick steer would be the cadillac, a Gator would work too.

Since i I don't just crappie fish, something like the Stratos 1760DV would be in the running.

I really like the Tracker 175 TF that my buddy just bought. With vinyl floors (I'd want vinyl in whatever I got) and the double seating up front, it makes a nice crappie boat.

A Hyper lift Xpress would be sweet, as would a War Eagle predator. I really like center console boats, I'd have to research to pick one.
    That is nice looking boat that may do what I wanted. I have two questions. One is does the big windshields get in your way with the long spider rig rods? What do you do with the long rods? I fish with 14' rods. Second question is how does it handle waves? Not Lake Erie waves. Just waves that come from say 15mph winds for example? Seems like a very light fiberglass boat and that gives both pros and cons. I would like for ease of pulling and less gas. It would also easily fit in my garage. Not sure about how it would take the wind and waves being that light and short. I also like it because it is cheap enough that I could put a lot of bells and whistles on it too.

Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    For that kinda of coin I would buy a War Eagle 861 Predator...861 Predator - War Eagle Boats.
    Can you get two seats up front on the 861 boat?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking to buy later this year and have researched way too much lol. That being said take a look at Xpress, they have the best hulls hands down. I'm leaning towards the 20' bay.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast