HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crappie USA....Day 2

Post Thanks / Like

what they said words can't say it. sorry man

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nixon View Post
    Tim,

We got our families and health and in the grand scheme of an outdoorsman's life, this ain't nothing but a speed bump.

I'm trying to plan a weekend trip mid February to Talquin. If you not up and running by then, you can fish with me any day.
    You are absolutely right, ain't nothing but a speed bump...And just may take you up on that trip to Talquin.!!

Things are looking better already.................

Name:  Thank God!!!.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  69.7 KB
    Likes Danbo LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there Tim.........sorry to see that happen to you.....better days ahead, you can't keep good people down.
    Likes quick LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Looking good! Great to see you got her home and all cleaned up. All she needs now is some of that good Florida SUNSHINE. Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like

Guess I missed it, but I did not see a comment on what caused
    this to happen.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Specklocker View Post
    Looking good! Great to see you got her home and all cleaned up. All she needs now is some of that good Florida SUNSHINE. Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Guess I missed it, but I did not see a comment on what caused
    this to happen.
    Joe
    Joe, I am only guessing because I am not sure just what happened. I believe that the heavy rain and high winds we had last night was more than my boat could stand. I think that some water came in over the side and my bilge pump could not recover quick enough before more came in. Mu boat doesn't sit very high in the back and I can see (now) how easily it can take on water when tied to a dock. I thought about taking it out of the water yesterday but I just thought it would handle the rain just fine. It would save me some time the next morning and I wouldn't have to fight all the tournament traffic at the boat ramp. I didn't realize (or even think) that the lake was going to get as rough as it did. I made a poor judgment decision based on the boat has been in the water in some pretty stiff winds for a week now with no issues. I have an auto bilge pump that is brand new and has been working fine for me. It rarely comes on but it works just fine. Hind sight is 20/20, but you can bet I'll be putting it on my trailer from now on. Like I mentioned before, this kind of thing happens to "other" people and today I was the "other" person!!!!
    Likes Billbob, Shine Runner LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Specklocker View Post
    We haven't left the lake yet and I haven't cleaned it at all...But it sure does look good to me sitting on that trailer!!!! If you didn't know it, you wouldn't have any idea of where it was this morning
    Likes Slab, Monark King190, Danbo LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about you misfortune this morning TnT. Glad you have it back on the trailer.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the comments about your boat. I have a crappie master and it has been in some rough conditions and handled well. Never had water come in when running in rough water conditions. I bet it was because it was tied to dock and probably would not be able to rock with the waves. Wind may have been coming from behind and came over the back.
    Sorry to hear about your problem. I am sure it will clean up and be ok.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Eatmorecrappie View Post
    Sorry about you misfortune this morning TnT. Glad you have it back on the trailer.

Post Thanks / Like

Tim. I had a 35 steel hull Chris craft Roamer sink in the middle of winter tied to a gas dock and a bubbler around it. Soo cold out a whiskey drink froze solid in my glass.Used barge pumps to get it up.
    CG1 "Dances with fish"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast