Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did I damage my spinning reel?

Post Thanks / Like

Well GRIZZ I couldn't find anything wrong with the innards. I was hoping to see a broken spring or wire because I can re-fashion that. No broken parts, nothing clearly amiss, the screws in the photo were screwed down tight with no tag ends around/under them. The metal plate on the inside of the spool tells me it's there to transmit sound, so there has to be a "playing card" between it and the click gear.

For 30 minutes I played with fashioning a wire to meet the click gear, to no success and it's getting too late to keep trying. We'll see if Eagle Claw returns my email, sent first thing this morning...no reply yet.

I have a feeling that I'll be checking out the Shimanos this weekend :D Thanks for the lead on them.

Name:  EC TCS200 inner spool.jpg
Views: 1150
Size:  33.9 KB

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Just asking, does this reel have a switch to turn on/off the clicker? Some reels have them. If nothing looks to be broken it may have a switch.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STUMP HUNTER View Post
    Just asking, does this reel have a switch to turn on/off the clicker? Some reels have them. If nothing looks to be broken it may have a switch.
    I'll check for a switch, but I don't think so. Thanks for the idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Stump,

No on/off switch for the clicker, Rats!

UPDATE from Eagle Claw: They replied very nicely to my email. They don't stock parts for that reel anymore (although I bought it only five weeks ago from Gander Mountain, it must have been old stock; it's not shown on Eagle Claw's website or current brochure).

Eagle Claw offered to replace it with a new reel. Don't know if it will be the same model since it's no longer the current model, or the newer model, but either way I'll have a new reel with a working clicker.

Post Thanks / Like

This is an old thread but it came up in my search. I have the opposite problem, mine started clicking when reeling in. Did I put it on wrong, rather, is there a particular way I should have done something? I just put it on assuming 'things' would line up and take care if themselves.... I've also gotten it wet so just thought I had ruined another reel. I will work on it a bit since reading this and see if I can figure out what I did or didn't do.

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep us posted. You're seldom alone in your problem.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Just wait when you get my age you can't here it anyway!
    When nothing is going right, Just go fishing.
    Earl Dibbles Jr.
    Likes wannabe fisherman, stormcloud LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Ha! Crappieflopper. As it happens I am partially deaf (the are benefits, we can sleep through the cricket in the house or the dogs yapping in the neighborhood.) but I can feel the clicking and it drives me absolutely batty. And when I'm reeling I have this vision of the sound carrying down the line and sounding like sonic booms under water and all fish within a half mile swimming madly away.

(that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it)

I got a new reel though so lost that excuse.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12