HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 44 of 163 FirstFirst ... 34414243444546475494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaw lake archives

Post Thanks / Like

I had probably the one of the best trips I have ever gave today. I had an old timer in my office that loves to fish so much, he goes out at night to catch grass hoppers, puts them in a mason jar, and keeps them in the fridge in hopes for a rain. When it rains, he scoots down to the pond, and hopes to catch a channel. I told him Thursday, to come fish with me and bring his boy and grandson. I guess he was walking on a cloud Friday and Saturday intesipating today! I picked them up at 7:30, headed north and broke ice from sarge to north of washunga. I found the fish! This man was so happy he did not have words! He was so great full, he insisted on his wife would have me dinner ready by the time we hit Pawhuska. She met us with a 5 gallon bucket for the fish. I explained to her we needed more than that . She went to the barn, emptyed a feed barrel and came back! She had never seen such! She had everything cooked. It was all from the garden and canned. It was an amazing meal! They wanted to pay me, so she went and gathered some eggs. I got 2 dozen eggs and a fresh loaf of bread!! It was like stepping back 100 years! Anyway, all this to say, sometimes it is what we do everyday that we take for granted, that other people wait a lifetime to take a once in a lifetime trip! That's why this trip was so special to me also!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Great post TC. Done good!
    Likes varmithunter LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

This is very true. Many times I have experienced this feeling while taking children on their first deer hunt with the Oklahoma Youth Hunting Program. The children and parents are overwhelmed by the experience of a lifetime for them.
    Likes dstreet, Bigskyfisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go T C, another GREAT post, from a GREAT PERSON.
    Likes Jerkey Log, warhawk LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Way to spread the joy around TC! I could feel the warmth from your grin all the way over here. You did a great job of replacing me man! Looks like the size is picking up too..

Post Thanks / Like

Great story TC! It's the things like this that tend to give a sense of fulfillment in life. Thanks!
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishn_a_ledge View Post
    I had probably the one of the best trips I have ever gave today. I had an old timer in my office that loves to fish so much, he goes out at night to catch grass hoppers, puts them in a mason jar, and keeps them in the fridge in hopes for a rain. When it rains, he scoots down to the pond, and hopes to catch a channel. I told him Thursday, to come fish with me and bring his boy and grandson. I guess he was walking on a cloud Friday and Saturday intesipating today! I picked them up at 7:30, headed north and broke ice from sarge to north of washunga. I found the fish! This man was so happy he did not have words! He was so great full, he insisted on his wife would have me dinner ready by the time we hit Pawhuska. She met us with a 5 gallon bucket for the fish. I explained to her we needed more than that . She went to the barn, emptyed a feed barrel and came back! She had never seen such! She had everything cooked. It was all from the garden and canned. It was an amazing meal! They wanted to pay me, so she went and gathered some eggs. I got 2 dozen eggs and a fresh loaf of bread!! It was like stepping back 100 years! Anyway, all this to say, sometimes it is what we do everyday that we take for granted, that other people wait a lifetime to take a once in a lifetime trip! That's why this trip was so special to me also!
    Outstanding TC. Building Relationships and great memories is what life is all about! Nothing more nothing less! A magnificent humanitarian effort that left great memories to replay over and over in all 4 of you! Does not get any better!

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie ciller View Post
    Way to spread the joy around TC! I could feel the warmth from your grin all the way over here. You did a great job of replacing me man! Looks like the size is picking up too..
    Kudos to you TC.!!!!
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing better than what you and them must have felt, We certainly take things for granted, What most of us wouldnt give to have another day on the water with those gone, I hope this helps to remind people to get your loved ones and maybe some of people less fortunate out with you! IT MAY JUST BE A DAY YOU WILL NOT FORGET! GREAT JOB TC! Very glad to have become your friend.
    Likes fishn_a_ledge, Crappie Reaper LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Back to fishing now!! LOL IF your not braving the wind and weather you should be, the fishing here on Kaw is as good as it gets.