Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mr Crappie rod holding system

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jkoch View Post
    Tite-lok sure is proud of those C&Cs 8x$80 = too much. Would love to have them though...
    Not that much from me. It only cost 80% more to go first class tho. Mr Crappie rod holding system
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jkoch View Post
    Tite-lok sure is proud of those C&Cs 8x$80 = too much. Would love to have them though...
    Wow! I thought surely that can't be right. $640 for a set of Rod holders? So I looked them up and sure enough that's what I found. But why would I want 8 individual poles sticking up at the front of my boat? I suspect that's 2 mounting holes per pole holder screwed through my deck too. And do you have to move all 8 holders to pull off the sides? And I assume more mounting plates down the side of my boat to do so, means more holes in my deck. Spider locs can do all of that with only 4 holes per holder and you can have 360 degree adjustment in a matter of seconds for way less than half that cost. If I've missed something then someone please clarify. If I haven't, it's not first class, it's crazy.
    Likes Crappie Greg, Gindog, CrappiePro LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

if you are spider rigging only the individuals are nice and only one rod moves when you get a bite not all 4 , you can also lay them flat when traveling which is nice for boats that dont have enough room up front with trolling motor folded in, there are other brands that cost less just depends on what you plan on doing with them, i prefer the versitiliy of the spyder loks
    Midsouth Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to go against most that has been said and tell you since you have one of the Mr. Crappie get another one and have at it. I have DMs on the back of my boat and they are sturdy but don't adjust up and down as it appears these do. I am sure several of the brands mentioned have great features and well built but you are not going to catch any more fish with one than the other.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men
    Likes BigRiverMarine LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Spyder Lok...Man... It's simple. They are the tuff'ist, easy'ist and best holders you can buy on the market. Don't know many company's that will send you the product first without paying a dime. Then when you get them they just sell themselves to ya and you gladly send Gene the money. Best holders out there for the money bar none in my opinion.
    They are CrappiePro approved. GREAT PRODUCT!!! Just PM E-Z Poleholder on the site here....He will hook you up and one heck of a nice guy also..
    BATES FIELD & STREAM PRO STAFF, MAYFLOWER AR
    CRAPPIEHOLIC APPERAL PRO STAFF
    If Your Big Crappie Star Bound, Let Me Warn You It's a Long Hard Ride. CP

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mr Crappie rod holding system

I like the Spyder locks also and Gene is as good a guy as you'll ever find. I agree with SeaRay that any of the holders work well.

I prefer the individual holders and I don't only spider rig with them. I power troll, push cranks, long line, and pull cranks from the front with mine. There is another brand out there that makes the individual holders as well, but the Tite Lok is mounted on a ram style mount, and adjusts up, down, left right and any other direction you need them to in a 360 degree radius, WITHOUT A TOOL!!! When you change weight sizes, you just raise or lower the holder on the ball mount to keep your rod tips even, and you're set. It's the fastest most accurate way to setup a new style of fishing there is. It's easy to move in a tourney and save lots of time with the way you can adjust them and reset them for those changes you make. You can also fish two different weight sizes at the same time and not make any mechanical changes to the rod holders other than pull the heavier weighted rod up a bit with the holder on the ball. For the guys tourney fishing, saving time is a major factor, and for most people on here that I know that fish All The Time, the money isn't. If it is, I suggest going to Captain D's when you want fish. Mr Crappie rod holding system (Better state that that was a joke)

I have used the Tite Lok T-Bars most of my fishing career, and they are top quality, versatile holders too.

Like I said in the beginning, Gene makes a great product, and all of his products are top shelf. I've used most of them myself, and liked them.

"Use what YOU like best" is what I tell people. That's as good advise as I can give anybody.
    Last edited by BigRiverMarine; 01-11-2015 at 07:39 PM.
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.
    Likes Crappie Greg, Gindog LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks
    Likes BigRiverMarine LIKED above post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12