Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bluegill/redear guide

Post Thanks / Like

A fishing trip to Kentucky Lake should turn out to be a neat experience . I was there a lot of years back and we fished it without a guide. We had grand time and a guide for at least a day or 1/2 day would give you an idea of the type of fishing that is working best while you are there. No matter where the guide takes you, the similar conditions are repeated over and over along the lakes . Shoot, I am just plain envious!! lol. please bring back a few pictures for us to enjoy.
    Likes newbe2 LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by newbe2 View Post
    I'm looking for advise on a guide to hire at Kentucky Lake. I have taken my Father on some guided crappie trips the last 5 years, but would like to mix it up this year. I have heard from Illinois crappie guides Kentucky Lake offers awesome Bluegill/Redear fishing. Can anyone offer any suggestions?
    You could try Jim Doom and see what dates he has available : www.kybeaver1.com

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely a guide and I've heard good things about Doom. You very well may catch a 2 lb. or better shellcracker and should catch a bunch of good ones as well as nice bluegill.

I enjoy seeing pictures of how big bluegill can get but prefer catching nice ones I can take home for a meal.
    Likes chaunc, Illinoisgiller LIKED above post

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Definitely a guide and I've heard good things about Doom. You very well may catch a 2 lb. or better shellcracker and should catch a bunch of good ones as well as nice bluegill.

I enjoy seeing pictures of how big bluegill can get but prefer catching nice ones I can take home for a meal.
    Nothing like a mess of deep fried bluegills

Post Thanks / Like

I really appreciate all the input guys! I think if the weather stays decent I'll take Dad down to the fishing show near Saint Louis in a couple weekends. I keep an eye out for Kentucky Lake guides that have been mentioned here while we are there. I'd none are there, I'll have to give one of these guys a call when we get home. Dad had a heart attack six years ago right before Christmas. I haven't let a year pass since then that I take him fishing with a guide. I'm thankful to still have him in my life, and try to spoil him when I can. Thanks again guys.
    Likes chaunc, huntinslabs LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I really appreciate all the input guys! I think if the weather stays decent I'll take Dad down to the fishing show near Saint Louis in a couple weekends. I keep an eye out for Kentucky Lake guides that have been mentioned here while we are there. I'd none are there, I'll have to give one of these guys a call when we get home. Dad had a heart attack six years ago right before Christmas. I haven't let a year pass since then that I take him fishing with a guide. I'm thankful to still have him in my life, and try to spoil him when I can. Thanks again guys.

Cherish every trip! I would give anything for 1 more trip with my dad.

Post Thanks / Like

Dad had a heart attack six years ago right before Christmas. I haven't let a year pass since then that I take him fishing with a guide. I'm thankful to still have him in my life, and try to spoil him when I can.
    Money went well spent. You can be sure he appreciates the time he spends with you. Hope the fish will be biting to make it even better.

Great post! Hope you've planted a few seeds with people.

Post Thanks / Like

Jim Doom is a very good guide and a really nice guy also. You would have a great time with him
    Take you kids fishing today!!! They will be grown (and married and have children of their on) tomorrow. Then you can take your GRANDKIDS!
    Podunkideas Pro Staff
    Cornfield Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Not to take anything away from guides, but find good eating size bluegill in quantity more then you want to clean is not that hard at KY Lake. Not the 2lb size is another story.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123