Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: #ArkieAsks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alboy79 View Post
    I've got lots to look forward to this coming year.

A new boat, new rods, new reels, and new SpyderLok rod holders, that will allow me to try out spider rigging which is a new to me style of fishing. I'm excited.

My wife, daughter, old man, mom, and I will be taking a trip in late spring/early summer fishing trip down to Grenada Lake, with a visit over to Lousiana, then hopefully if things go well fishing again in Arkansas. I'm really excited about the opportunity to meet other Crappie.com members, to catch them bigguns down there, and to travel with my family.

Im also excited about getting together with our Michigan Crappie.com family for our Crappie Camps here, as well as (again if things go well) meeting the Illinois chapter at their Crappie Camp.

In December, we get to travel to florida to visit my wife's sister and her kids for christmas. By the sounds of it there is going to be some fishing on that trip as well. Lake Okeechobe is only a short distance away, and my wife told me my Christmas present next year will be a guided day trip for the fish of my choice.

Good Lord willing, next year will be full of exciting times, and good fishing.
    Give me a holler if you get to South Arkansas, I'll be glad to show you around.
    Likes Alboy79, ArkieJigs LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My last job took a lot out of me and gave me little time for other things. Wife and family didn't see me much and everything else was pushed even further back. A new job in early October has changed things for me and given me time for the things that define me. This was prayed over by several of my friends and I and our prayers were answered. This year I will focus on those people that matter most to me, and distance myself from those things and people that cause me unhappiness. I have a daughter that will re-marry in the spring and I will get two more granddaughters in the process. My trip to 'Sippi will be put off yet again this spring but I'm getting a better deal anyway. And I haven't gotten into what's up after that. So you can see that I have been treated well and have a lot to be thankful for and to look forward to. I smile more lately.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes don3778, ArkieJigs, kycreek LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I hope for better fishing luck, so I can quit embarrassing myself with how few fish I've caught this past year.
    Likes ArkieJigs, jaxsprat LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Retired early last year, but the weather didn't cooperate to allow me to fish as much as I wanted.

This past year, I had a couple of serious health issues that kept me from fishing as often as I would have. I'm thankful to still be on this side of the grass.

Next year I'm looking forward to better weather, health, and getting out on the water as often as those two factors will allow.

... cp

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope you get them CP.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes ArkieJigs LIKED above post

dallman is offline Trophy King II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

All the help from everyone here has helped me learn to pull and push crankbaits. I now have the proper gear, B'N'M rods, R-100 holders, now have 4 batteries so I can stay out longer, and enough of the right colored bandits. So this year I hope to do better than last. And maybe add a 360 with po-dunk's holder.
    Retired USN

Post Thanks / Like

My last child graduates from college next year. Instead of giving all of my money to Ole Miss, I plan to spend it on a shiney new boat!!!
    Likes "G", don3778, Gobob, Tracker123, Billbob, ArkieJigs LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Overall I just hope to fish more and in more places. Really hope to get to one of the big 3 in MS at least once this coming year and maybe take my Dad along with me. Would also like to find someone to fish with me a couple times in my boat that knows quite a bit about single pole fishing. I fish alone and spider rig mostly because its what I am accustomed to, but its time to start learning some new tricks of the trade!!

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to at least have 1 fish to turn in at the weigh in
    Likes wannabe fisherman, ArkieJigs LIKED above post

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to put some miles on my new truck by visiting about 5 new lakes next year. Also hopeing my Ky crew will make it up north this summer to do some walleye fishing with me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast