Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got my new Terrova today

Post Thanks / Like

One word my friend, YouTube!!
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips guys. I am going to install it today if I can get away from the family, lol. For sure tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

If you haven't any dealings with a electric mount,make sure you extend the plate out over the boat edge,enough for the motor to come out in straight down. On my ranger it sticks out pretty far over the edge.
    LittleJohn
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

You'll love, I have the same motor with the 60" shaft and I don't know how I did it without it, great tool.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had a 60" Terrova on my Javelin bass boat and now have one on my 20' Triton mod-v. The easiest way for me to position the motor prior to drilling holes has been to power it up and deploy the shaft and then you can move the base around to determine the proper clearance from your hull to the TM shaft. Then I tweak the storage position by rotating the base so the stowed motor won't impede my front casting deck.

I unplug my power cord when I get back to the ramp so my charger won't have any effect whatsoever on the electronics of the TM when it is plugged in. I just get into the habit of plugging it back in when I prep to launch at the ramp.
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

You'll love it

Post Thanks / Like

You Will Love That Trolling Motor. I Have The Exact Same Charger And TM And Have Not Had Any Problems

Post Thanks / Like

Got it mounted. Only issue is how to run my Lowrance hds transducer cord. Yes it has the built in transducer but I am not hooking it up to my Lowrance HDS 7 because I want the downscan. The way it lowers in to the water doesn't allow for strapping the cord on my trolling motor shaft like I had it on my cable steer motor. Any suggestions? I am taking it to the lake tomorrow and will figure out how to run the cord. Also, LittleJohn was right, the Terrova does stick out a ways on a Ranger. Can I add another 1/2" to the boat length when someone asks me how long it is? LoL

Post Thanks / Like

Unless Lowrance has changed the diameter of the 'ducer wire, you will just have leave it loose down the shaft due to the design of the TM. I had a Lowrance for the TM when I got my Terrova, so I got a HB, and you can then do the disassemble the TM and glue the wire into the shaft recess and thru the main mount mod, and it works good. HB wires are slightly thinner and will work. Check out the thread for mounting 'ducer to Terrova thread for details
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

youre gonna love it

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast