Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: "Henderson Gathering Discussion"

Post Thanks / Like

Give us the details on the pavilion you speak of - availability, cost, location, etc. Maybe a picture as well.
    Randy Andres
    Likes Fishinfool1998 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I will try my best to get back today before dark to get a picture. I will also give City Hall a call to find out costs.

Post Thanks / Like

I just stumbled across the topic of the Henderson gathering. Haven't had the pleasure of meeting any of you but look forward to doing so. Anything I can do to help with organizing just let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

i believe the pavillion is free i can get the hall for around the same price they are both very large buildings with plenty of parking if we can come up with a date i can check availability

Post Thanks / Like

I have crossed the Henderson swamp many times driving between Lafayette and Baton Rouge and have always wanted to fish it, but was a little intimidated by the shear size of the area and the many waterways running through it. But, if ya'll get a Henderson gathering organized I just may come. Maybe someone could fish with me in my boat or maybe I could just follow someone around. Either way, I believe it would be fun.
    The Lord is good. His mercy and love endures forever.

Post Thanks / Like

Henderson gathering is a great idea, but maybe we ought to continue the discussion in a thread with a more related title. Some may be missing all this good stuff. They skip threads where the title doesn't catch their attention. How about "Henderson Gathering Discussion"?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mermentau View Post
    Henderson gathering is a great idea, but maybe we ought to continue the discussion in a thread with a more related title. Some may be missing all this good stuff. They skip threads where the title doesn't catch their attention. How about "Henderson Gathering Discussion"?
    good idea.....I'll start it off........
    The "King" is coming
    This could be the Day....
    RETIRED LOUISIANA CRAPPIE HUNTER

Post Thanks / Like

These are some more of my thoughts.....since we already have two other gatherings with 2 days each of competitive fishing, lets start this one off for one day, say a Saturday, and see how it takes off....to push for two days may be trying on those who have families, jobs or other interests like attending the other 2 gatherings.....this does not mean that those who are retired or whatever can not come and stay as long as they like....

I would also propose that we have a weigh in at 3 PM like most bass tourneys and eat around 4:30.....this would give a lot of folks time to drive back home if they did not want to spend the night.....

we also need to consider scheduling this around other crappie happenings like the tourneys Treefrog has on 3/21 and 4/25.....then there are the Henderson "Take Dat" tourneys....

just wanted to throw some other ideas out....discussion invited......

so, what do you think of a one day event for this first one??????
    The "King" is coming
    This could be the Day....
    RETIRED LOUISIANA CRAPPIE HUNTER
    Likes fishervet, Tracker123 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Well I only live a couple of hours away so I think this is a GREAT IDEA! I drive 6 hours to Darbonne and 4 hours to Larto & 3 hours to Toledo, so driving 2 hours to Henderson sounds great!
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know if i can hide from 100 people.
    Que vous allant pour faire quand les couteaux à votre gorge ?
    Likes CajunSlabStalker LIKED above post

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast