HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1623242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Recipes and Cooking/Smokeing/Grilling etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Fast fry deer, Thaw one deer rump or tip roast, slice roast very thin, i slice roast while still a little frozen so i can slice thin, put all meat in tupperware and add fresh chopped garlic,fresh parsely chopped,fresh rosemary chopped, salt and pepper, lemon pepper,garlic powder, let marinate overnight in fridge, next day get the cast iron skillet and heat up, add olive oil or oil you use and heat, have soy, teriyake and red wine ready, when oil is good and hot fast fry meat quickly and add the soy ,teriyake and red wine,cook until liquid is hot and pour into bowl, get some bread and goto town, i also do this with goose breast, my boys and i make open face sandwich with some mash-moes and green beans or just a plain old beef sandwich with all the hot fixens. ENJOY
    ​Proud Member Team Geezer
    "As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an Angler"
    Izaak Walton
    Likes majflyboy, DonDon LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Dinner Rolls ever

1 cup boiling water
    6 tablespoons shortening
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 (1/4-oz.) envelope active dry yeast
    1/4 cup warm water (105° to 115°)
    1 large egg, lightly beaten
    4 cups all-purpose flour
    1/4 cup butter, melted and divided

Preparation

1. Pour boiling water over shortening and next 2 ingredients in bowl of a heavy-duty electric stand mixer, and stir until shortening melts and sugar and salt are completely dissolved. Let stand 10 minutes or until about 110°.
    2. Meanwhile, combine yeast and warm water in a 1-cup liquid measuring cup; let stand 5 minutes.
    3. Add yeast mixture and egg to shortening mixture; beat at low speed until combined. Gradually add flour, beating at low speed 2 to 3 minutes or until flour is blended and dough is soft and smooth.
    4. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and chill 8 to 24 hours.
    5. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic (about 1 minute). Gently shape dough into 60 (1-inch) balls; place 3 dough balls in each cup of 2 lightly greased 12-cup muffin pans. (You will fill only 20 cups.) Brush rolls with half of melted butter.
    6. Cover pans with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 45 minutes to 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
    7. Preheat oven to 400°. Bake rolls for 8 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with remaining melted butter. Serve immediately.

That was the recipe I found. I only made 12 rolls (36 balls, instead of 60) so they were a little bigger
    proud member of "Team Cup"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Easy Fruit Cobbler

This is soooooooooooooo good

Easy/never fail fruit cobbler
    Pre-heat oven to 350 deg
    Melt 1/2 stick butter in a deep dish(casserole dish is fine).
    Mix 3/4 cup self rising flour, 1/2 cup whole milk, 3/4 cup sugar. Pour into dish with melted butter. Spread 1 pint of blue berries or peaches, or other fruit, over the top of the batter. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of water over the top of the fruit. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of sugar over the top of that. Bake at 350 deg for about 1 hour. Depends on your oven.

If you use pears or apples, sprinkle light brown sugar instead of white sugar over the top. Lightly sprinkle 1 tsp cinnamon on top of that.
    **** Click my Logo for products and ordering info****

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by E-Z Poleholder View Post
    This is soooooooooooooo good

Easy/never fail fruit cobbler
    Pre-heat oven to 350 deg
    Melt 1/2 stick butter in a deep dish(casserole dish is fine).
    Mix 3/4 cup self rising flour, 1/2 cup whole milk, 3/4 cup sugar. Pour into dish with melted butter. Spread 1 pint of blue berries or peaches, or other fruit, over the top of the batter. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of water over the top of the fruit. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of sugar over the top of that. Bake at 350 deg for about 1 hour. Depends on your oven.

If you use pears or apples, sprinkle light brown sugar instead of white sugar over the top. Lightly sprinkle 1 tsp cinnamon on top of that.
    I made this yesterday with blueberries. Delicious!
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    ScottV's Custom Crappie Cranks
    Crankbait Pushing Weights

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Got some homegrown peaches in the freezer & have been looking for a way to use them. That cobbler looks like the ticket.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a whapsided view of how mine turned out. I used a 7x11 Pyrex casserole dish.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Likes Speck, DonDon LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

All that needs is a scoop of 'nilla ice cream!!
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men
    Likes majflyboy LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Easy Chocolate Fudge

3 cups semisweet choc. Chips
    1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
    4 Tbsp butter
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/4 tsp salt

Line a 8 x 8 pan with foil and spray with non-stick spray. In a microwave safe bowl add chocolate chips, condensed milk and butter. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir well until all is melted and mixed. Add vanilla and salt and stir to mix. Spread evenly in the foil lined pan and cool in the refrigerator. When cooled completely, invert the pan on a counter and peel off the foil. Cut into squares.
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Easy Peanut Butter Fudge

2 cups sugar
    1/2 cup milk
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter

Line a 8 x 8 pan with foil and spray with non-stick spray. In a saucepan, bring sugar and milk to a boil. Boil for 2 1/2 minutes and remove from heat. Add peanut butter and vanilla extract and stir well. Add to foil lined pan and cool in refrigerator. Cut into squares.
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

This is the one Carol and I use, just have to be careful on the cooking part, too long and it's crumbly. I think it's off one of the choc-chip bags.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1623242526272829 ... LastLast