Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fishing etiquette

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MEATGETTER View Post
    I know a pier also we have caught thousands around, the dock owner always runs out tring to run us off! !!! He now has installed a water sprinkler system on the pier! !!!!!!
    He would have a water line break to run up his bill if it was where I fished! If on a public lake that could be harassment.
    Last edited by NIMROD; 11-07-2014 at 05:14 AM.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RMGeorge View Post
    To me a person's pier seems as private as their boat. I would not pull right up to their boat and cast right next to it and I won't do it at their pier either. And no, I do not own a lake house or a pier.
    Should only apply if they are actively fishing there first! IMO
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwainGang View Post
    Just wondering if there are hunter and fishermen harassment laws where you all fish? some of this stuff would definitely classify as harassment!
    In Arkansas it is illegal to harass legal hunters or fishermen. Only docks off limits are commercial docks on a few lakes. I would explain and if that failed call the wardens.
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

It would be a total waste of time to try and explain the law and your rights to these people who act like that.......... putting up alarms, motion detected sprinklers, coming out showing their butt..........These people own a house on a lake! they know full well what your rights are........

But they know nothing is really going to happen to them for displaying such behavior and they also know for every one that they cannot make leave ( or avoid ) their dock there is 10 that the tactics work on...........
    Three can keep a secret................If two of them are dead! (Benjamin Franklin)

BAMA S is offline Crappie.com Legend and AL Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Decided to move this pier to an early morning pier while the underwater light is on. I have another spot that heats up at daybreak close by. That way I get my fishing on and leave before he starts stirring.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BAMA S View Post
    Decided to move this pier to an early morning pier while the underwater light is on. I have another spot that heats up at daybreak close by. That way I get my fishing on and leave before he starts stirring.

There ya go............. there's more than one way to skin a cat....
    Three can keep a secret................If two of them are dead! (Benjamin Franklin)

Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind guys fishing my dock and will usually chat with them while they fish to see how they are doing. But I keep my bass boat tied to the dock and I have found holes in my seats from errant casts that end up in my boat and the hooks getting into the upholstery. I cover my boat when I'm not there and have found lures and hooks stuck in the cover when I get back to the lake.

2 sides to every issue I guess.
    Likes jpdawg LIKED above post

stormcloud is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiewisdom View Post
    I don't mind guys fishing my dock and will usually chat with them while they fish to see how they are doing. But I keep my bass boat tied to the dock and I have found holes in my seats from errant casts that end up in my boat and the hooks getting into the upholstery. I cover my boat when I'm not there and have found lures and hooks stuck in the cover when I get back to the lake.

sides

to every issue I guess.
    You're not talking apples and oranges. What is happening to you is destruction of private property. You could bring charges for their actions.
    Tell'em I'll be there.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. I would get a camera and monitor the dock. As stated that is destruction of private property. Just like if you had a car and someone came close to it and hit it. These people fishing and hooking your boat are "hit and run" idiots. If they don't leave a note for the damage they do it is a crime! Record and report them. I would.

I have fished around boat docks with boats moored and have fished the areas well without incident to others boats. I am very cautious as I want someone to fish around my boat like I would around theirs. Boat docks are private property usually but the water anywhere around them is fair game!! People just need to use common sense when fishing close to others property.
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Likes bflowers LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

should have stayed put whether you were catching or not. just smile at him the entire time. he probably the guy watching with binocs and steeling others spots. lol maybe he need more cover under his dock. like maybe some old fence to snag his lures on. jk make it a regular stop though for sure. people like that guy bring on most of their own troubles in life. karma works better when you help it. hehe

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast