Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Perry Muddy?

Post Thanks / Like

yes those 50 were the only ones that measured 10 or better. That's usually how it goes for me and a few people I know at Perry.
    Likes steveinsene LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

almost all the fish I have caught over the last several weeks have been hugging the bottom. It doesn't matter if I'm in 10 feet or 20 feet the only fish I catch are stuck to the bottom. It really helps to have good electronics. I have 998 humminbird and a 797 humminbird which really helped me find and identify structure. A lot of people think Perry doesn't have any wood in it but they are completely wrong. It's there you just have to look for it
    Likes Blackdog40, steveinsene LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

just search along channel breaks for wood.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey thanks for all the clues and help sticky, I really appreciate it...info like this can be hard to get on forums anymore it seems. I would love to fish it tomorrow but not so sure I will with the barometer super high and the strongest cold front of this fall on us and Sunday looks a little windy.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind. Even being armed with some info on a good spot doesn't mean you're going to put fish in the boat. I have seen people sit over structure and pull a few out and then I pull onto that same structure and pull out 20. As far as white bass, they're a nuisance. The more of those you pull out the happier I am. By no means am I a pro, but I do put in a ton of effort, time and money to learn where and why the crappie are where they are. I will be out there Monday and Tuesday since the spillway action died completely. Good luck
    Likes Ozark88, steveinsene LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    I don't mind. Even being armed with some info on a good spot doesn't mean you're going to put fish in the boat. I have seen people sit over structure and pull a few out and then I pull onto that same structure and pull out 20. As far as white bass, they're a nuisance. The more of those you pull out the happier I am. By no means am I a pro, but I do put in a ton of effort, time and money to learn where and why the crappie are where they are. I will be out there Monday and Tuesday since the spillway action died completely. Good luck
    So did you fish Perry Monday and Tuesday sticky, do any good?

Post Thanks / Like

We did really good. Limited out both days. Lots of 12 and 13 inch fish and 3 were a little over 15.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    We did really good. Limited out both days. Lots of 12 and 13 inch fish and 3 were a little over 15.
    That's awesome sticky, good job! Maybe that cold weather and low 20's overnight temps last weekend brought some of the bigger fish out of hiding, it did on a smaller community lake I hit Tuesday, Pony Creek at Sabetha! May go Sunday, if it were you would you focus on the dam end, mid lake, or north end? Is the north end clearing up some from a couple weeks ago?

Post Thanks / Like

I would hit structure in 10-20 fow until you find fish. On Wednesday I caught lots of fish piled up in 18 fow on structure near channel breaks. Both ends have been good. I have not fished mid lake much due to the high wind we have been having. I won't be out again until next Thursday and Friday. I'm hoping with the cold weather coming, they might continue to school up. The water temp was 57 on Wednesday. Thursday is only supposed to be a high in the low 30s but only about 5mph wind so I might do some exploring.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12