Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Input needed

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappa View Post
    Who all fishes or has fished out of the Tracker Pro 175 series boats. Pros, cons, upgrades. All info appreciated!

Thanks,
    Pappa
    I had that boat in the 1990's when i was in Ohio. Had a 40hp Mercury outboard on it. Loved it. Very stable in the water. I recommend it to anyone.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey CP
    Just saw this on Craigslist here in Columbia. This is a dealer and their website is listed on the ad. Thought you could use this when comparison shopping (unless you buying a new one).
    Or...you can make a trip to SC and I will buy you lunch.
    2006 Bass Tracker PT175TX powered by a Mercury 60 Four Stroke!
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ray, if I make a trip to SC will you buy me lunch?

Seriously folks, I own a Tracker 175 TXW - love it. I chose the TXW model (the red one) because of the second live/bait well up front, minners in the front and fish in the back. Pulled the I-pilot off the old Tracker to put on the new one, as well as an Elite-5 DSI on the console. The painted surface on the boat is very slick, so be careful. I had them pull off the Optimax and put on a 4 stroke Mercury. Not sure how fast it goes because I don't go fast. Tracker is the biggest bang for the buck. Let us know if you have any more questions.
    Randy Andres

Post Thanks / Like

You bet Randy. Just give me a holler and we will have us a BBQ Buffay or however WB spells it. :
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men
    Likes Tracker123 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Who all fishes or has fished out of the Tracker Pro 175 series boats. Pros, cons, upgrades. All info appreciated!

Thanks,
    Pappa
    Hi, I have a pro deep v 175 (1994 model) bought in 1995 w/60hp and has been a great boat used a lot every season ever since. The only issue is that last few years some rivets started to leak...will be in service for many more years. Hope this helps.
    Take a kid fishing start a new friendship with nature.

Post Thanks / Like

Jimp how do you like that 55 lb TM?
    Only way it could be better would be to have 2 TM batts for extended trolling time. 55#'s is good for my boat and styles of fishing. The 55 will pull the boat for longlining all day long, but when you go 1.5mph or better, it drains the battery in a 2-3 hrs. I have considered installing a 2nd TM battery but not sure it would be of any benefit for me as I only fish 4-6 hrs on most trips. Top speed on 10 is 2.2mph or a bit more for short bursts from one side of the cove to the other or from dock to dock.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brushwacker View Post
    I have a 2005 PT 175 w/ 50hp Merc. Ideal for the type fishing my wife and I do. Top speed is 32mph and handles well with two group 31 batteries up front. Upgraded TM this year to a 24v Terrova because we enjoy pulling crankbaits in the summer. The Terrova takes the wind out of the equation (up to 10-15mph) when trolling. The size and layout is also just what we need for single pole jig fishing in the spring around standing timber. We have done a little spider rigging and plan to do more this winter. I can put double seats up front and have adequate room, but none to spare. I would buy the same boat again and have been very pleased.
    Got any pics of how you installed the 2 batts up front ??
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

look in the classfied here --release to grease has a sweet 1 over in memphis i have rode in it it is nice go look he might take you fishing in SIPPIE
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Not to change the subject of the thread, but just to answer jimps question: I dont have any pics at the moment, but basically just placed the batteries in the compartment under the front seat and ran the 6g wire through the opening in the front of the compartment. Also had room for a two bank battery charger that I installed so it could be easily removed if needed. Before I did the battery install I read differing opinions about how the boat would handle. I bought the batteries first, put them in the compartment for a couple of trips just to see the difference. That way could return them unused if needed. I actually like the way it handles better. I disconnected, but left the original wiring harness in place for the 12V system. If I ever sell the boat, will probably remove the Terrova and replace the original TM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Input needed

Not a boat for big water! A buddy I fish with traded his 16' deep-V in on one this year. We've duck dived the nose of it a few times due to 1-2ft waves. And the thing is like a sail in any wind. We fish out of my older Crestliner sportfish more then his boat!

One thing I like about it is how easy tracker has made it to launch and load. And it comfortable for 2 people to fish out of.
    Crappie, specs, freckles, slabs...call them what ever you want! I'll just call them delicious!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12