Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lurkers

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Same thing here. PM's are your friend. But you must be desperate if you need my help.
    Likes Cane Pole, Danny2072 LIKED above post

RMGeorge is offline Louisiana Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys, I want to apologize for lurking for a few months before posting anything. I felt like I needed to learn more about crappie fishing before I could add anything useful to the conversation. For me, it was never about stealing a prime fishing spot, just about learning technique and tackle. Thanks for all your help with that. You seem to be a great bunch of folks.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

First, as for money to help support the site, i see some of you aren't even site supporters. There's already a system in place for that. You guys that dont have " site supporter " by your name, should take care of that right away.
    I'm a firm believer that if you post it, they will come. If you dont mind having a lot of company at your productive spot, it's your choice to post it. Dont complain later. Those of you who say " it's a big lake and there's plenty of fish for everybody ", go ahead and post your spot. You'll see boats on it every day until you cant get 1/10 of the fish you use to catch there. There'll be days when you cant even get on that spot as those with the modern units will pinpoint it exactly and setup directly on it. Some will wait to see your photos of you while still on the water and check the background to see if they recognize any of the area. Post as you wish. Just keep in mind that everyone here visiting the site is not here for the same reasons a lot of us are. Your choice. I hope you dont do something you'll regret later. Quite a few of us already have so we're talking from experience, not some theory.
    Likes ShootnDocks LIKED above post

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
    Having entered my golden years and have health problems , do not fish much any more and when I do it is with a fly rod in ponds for bluegill. Therefore do not post---- but enjoy reading about other people catching fish and seeing catches, so I guess from a selfish point of view I hopeyou keep this great site up and running where I can dream of what I use to be able to do. Really enjoy your reports. Thanks
    Old men rule. My gold has turned to lead and settled in my butt. It is evident here that I can read and "rite", but I just can't spell and am too lazy to fool with spellchecker. I guess I rite on a curve.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes Billbob, Cardsfan55, Tn Johnboy, Bronson LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

This has been cussed and discussed so much, one of the posters said this site is about sharing information, never has Slab said you "have" to share, so, don't if you don't care to. That takes care of the sharing part, what does that leave, I guess I don't know. I've only fished a few times this year because of a chronic back problem, I haven't posted any reports because I had no significant catches to post. Sorry Nimrod and everyone else, I think this is:

and . Think I'll just go out and .
    Don't outsmart your common sense!
    Jack
    Likes jaxsprat LIKED above post

DrNip is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree this has been beat to death. Nothing can be done about it except be careful what you share.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NIMROD View Post
    BAMA S you might have an good idea. Have it where sponsor members only can see fishing reports on seperate forum on each state. We tried something like that where you had to have 25 posts to see but some would not use it for posting reports.
    We have something like this already. We set it up in a couple states. Some states use it, other's not so much. I added one for Florida, and it was never used so I removed it.

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/moder...reports-forum/

You have to be a member for 25 days and have 25 posts to view it. There is no cost involved, but it certainly could be set up that way. Heck, I could even just make one forum exclusive to Supporting Members. People might feel a little more free to post reports there, might be a good thing. Might be a good thing for Crappie.com too, especially since google ad revenue is down for the site big time this year.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best
    Likes NIMROD, walker733, arkcrappie, Iwannafish LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I don't post as much as many of you, but I am always "lurking". I mainly follow what techniques are working for people, and enjoy looking at well documented slab hauls. I never ask for locations, or expect anyone to mention locations. I myself would never have an issue sharing a hole on here, because I have never run into any C.C people on the water. It would be a nice change of pace to see a fellow enthusiast on the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

This subject has certainly been "cussed and discussed" up one side and down the other (as Ready2Fish pointed out) and it is certainly a well settled fact that it tends to infuriate those who care about this site and/or the sport of crappie fishing. In my time as a member of this site I have seen all types of clever diversionary tactics in reports from "Lake A to Lake Z" to I was fishing just off of Johnson's Knob... and countless others... to people posting nonsensical and useless (look what I did only) information in their reports... to people not taking any scenic background pics that (while a pleasant part of any report) might give away their (top secret) locations... to people just not posting reports at all as a result of lurkers and lurking.

I never try to speak for anyone else and I certainly won't try to speak for Slab or any of the other supporters and lovers of this site or the sport of crappie fishing, but I really don't think this problem is anything that reasonable minds cannot overcome with the greatest of ease. Lurking (reading) is one thing... but using information to short cut is laziness and very closely akin to stealing. NOTE* Not everyone can contribute like others due to typing skills, education levels or other physical or mental conditions, but I believe that they are all warmly welcomed here... and that's not at all the complaint.

EXAMPLE: I'm concerned about contracting the Ebola virus too, but that don't mean I'm gonna stay in the house and discontinue doing the things I love and want or need to do to enjoy my lifestyle the way I have chosen to enjoy it. I simply choose (instead) to keep going the way I always have... perhaps using a couple more anti-bacterial wipes than I might have before... I may cut down on some of the hugs I was giving to people that come from third world countries such as the Congo in Africa... but I will never miss a beat because of something that I perceive as fear that might be a consequence of my chosen lifestyle or my ability to continue it (as I wish) throughout my future. Terrorism is another example of this: Why should we change our lifestyle when that's the very hope behind terrorism?... after all... by it's very nature [terrorism] hopes that it will have a diverse affect [causal connection] to something that means something to us... and thus cause action or inaction from us as a result.

Well, moreover, my point is: Why then would we ever allow the workings of the lazy man [the sluggard] [as it is written] (who by his very nature will appear everywhere on this earth (always has) (and always will) and hovers over and shortcuts everything throughout his journey through this life) (always has) (and always will) to change the way we enjoy, perceive or go about our actions on this great site, choose to ply the sport that we love or go about things as stewards of this God Given Resource? To me: Lurkers are much like mosquitoes, the excessive heat of summer, or the extreme cold of winter... just (another) (of the) simple annoyance(s) of our conducting this enterprise. Any of these things will slow us down or change our routines... (only) as much as you as (the) individual... allows them to... or perceives they do... should... or might.

Just my two cents... Take it for what it's worth to you.
    Last edited by Special K; 08-16-2014 at 12:18 PM.
    "Just Like Iron Sharpens Iron... So it is that One Man Sharpens Another Man." Proverbs 27:17
    Likes Slab, Cardsfan55, Redy2Fish LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I don't make a ton of posts, I'm mainly here reading. If someone already posted the same info that I was going to post, then I don't post. If I post on any hunting/fishing forum I don't give specific locations. Instead I'll give just a lake name or county that it was in. If someone needs a little help and they are in my area on vacation, then I PM them instead of putting it on an open forum.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast