Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yellow line

Post Thanks / Like

I used to use sufix line but got hooked on visious. It was getting hard to find it. I have some power pro in orange that I like a lot. Just might give it a try.
    dave
    in currituck

Post Thanks / Like

The craziest thing is that I haven't encountered a single person using hi vis line for crappie where I fish... They will probably laugh at me first... I'm thinking on my bobber rod I'll still use the clear but change my jig casting rod to some sort of hi vis... I have used vicious in the clear it seems like pretty good line...

Post Thanks / Like

I can see the ticks sometimes with my clear line but I think atleast clear blue fluorescent would atleast help some if I didn't switch to the yellow

Post Thanks / Like

LET THEM LAUGH,THEN U WILL GET THE LAST LAUGH
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8
    Likes Idunno LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Let them laugh!
    Don't outsmart your common sense!
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like

I started using the vicious panfish 4lb hi-vis yellow this past winter. It has been highly instrumental in strike detection. Not every strike you will feel the tick or the thump. This line has enabled me to detect the slightest movement and see those ticks that cannot be felt. Doesnt seem to be detectable to the fish as ive caught 2 citation sized fish this year on this line as well as numerous other nice sized crappie and other species. Cant wait for them to come up with a glow in the dark line

Post Thanks / Like

I read one article where it was commented that perhaps the hi-vis line gets the crappie's attention and that they are more likely to be alert and see your jig coming but I have my doubts as to whether or not the crappie can see your line especially in the darker waters in SE Virginia.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion
    Likes Percidae_Papermouth LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I used the clear blue Stren for many yrs, when I could see it. but after gettin older I got where it strained my eyes lookin for it all day. Bill gave me my first spool of Sufix Elite Yellow and I have thanked him ever since! I've caught 4 crappie over 3 pounds on it an many over 2 lbs, so I'm pretty sure it don't matter to them!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have Sufix Elite Yellow on most my rods and did not notice any change when I switched to it from clear lines.

But have also had Berkley Fireline on one road and it is at least twice as sensitive. I frequently switch rods while jig fishing and you can really feel the extra stretchiness of the mono line and that stretch helps absorb some of the tap/thump you get from a bite.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TapOut64 View Post
    I think you will find that most the regulars here use hi vis line. I learned from fishdoc that you are not waiting to feel the bite but rather are watching your line for the slightest tick or irregularity which is hard to do when not using hi vis line.
    Plus 1. Especially when shooting docks.
    Life is good. Fishing is better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast