HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Check Out SpyderLok Rod Holders

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scout-j-m View Post
    You think they would hold up well for other larger fish such as cats and stripe? I've been looking for some rod holders that will handle all the types of fish I target.
    Not worried about the bigger fish when they are holding up to hang ups that turn a 14 foot Ozark wrong side out and the rack never moves, fish aint for nuttin on logs and trees.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

You think they would hold up well for other larger fish such as cats and stripe? I've been looking for some rod holders that will handle all the types of fish I target.
    If you fish for big cats, I think you might have problems with the mount. The rod holders look tough enough. You have 50+ lb line and the leverage of that tall mount, its asking a lot to hold a big fish. Unless you use bolts, to mount to the deck. I would not trust screws (I recently broke a 1/4" screw on a 5" tall holder with a hang up with 20' line. The line finally snapped, drifting in the wind at .6 knots, but it snapped a screw).
    Likes chimneyman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by okhawg View Post
    If you fish for big cats, I think you might have problems with the mount. The rod holders look tough enough. You have 50+ lb line and the leverage of that tall mount, its asking a lot to hold a big fish. Unless you use bolts, to mount to the deck. I would not trust screws (I recently broke a 1/4" screw on a 5" tall holder with a hang up with 20' line. The line finally snapped, drifting in the wind at .6 knots, but it snapped a screw).
    I agree with bolting the base down if you are going to use heavy equipment such as cat fishing. But I would bet the upper part would hold well with a bolted base for big fish also. And ain't no fish going to buckle that base with a crappie trolling rod i promise ya... bolted or screwed. I would have no problem using them for heavy fish, but i would bolt down if I was going to use them for allot of Catfishing...Also remember set your drag...
    BATES FIELD & STREAM PRO STAFF, MAYFLOWER AR
    CRAPPIEHOLIC APPERAL PRO STAFF
    If Your Big Crappie Star Bound, Let Me Warn You It's a Long Hard Ride. CP
    Likes chaunc, Broncosfantulsa LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Gene as a good man to deal with period.
    When nothing is going right, Just go fishing.
    Earl Dibbles Jr.

Post Thanks / Like

I GOT SOME !!!I LOVE THEM !!! Mr. GENE is even BETTER !!!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieFlopper View Post
    Mr. Gene as a good man to deal with period.
    Yep. Gene took the set off his boat and puth them on my pondtoon. That is service. The spiderlock were special made with 3 holders and an offset center. Just what I needed for my boat layout.

Billbob and I are trying them out today "pushing" using ScottV in line weights.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Thanks chimneyman thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Had a full grown man play tarzan off one of mine, 275 pound range and him hanging off the end of the rack. Rack did break loose at the top of the stand where the teeth are welded to it but didn't break completely loose, had to flex it several times to break it loose to stow the trolling motor and he never got wet above his chest, he was proud too cause the water temps were in the 50s. Put the bases down rite and the rack will stay there without someone swinging out over the side of the boat on them.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925
    Likes don3778, Tom 513, chippo LIKED above post
    Thanks Csnow1998 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePro View Post
    Let me also say Gene had these on my door step before I could even get the check to him. Great Customer Service!!!.
    Same here. I ordered extra base plates so I can move the holders to different areas of the boat. First class workmanship. Love mine.
    Randy Andres
    Likes Eagle 1 LIKED above post

strmwalker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have not had a Cat or striper phase them when you set these rodholder in the position you want they stay !! until you decide to change them to a new position !!!

"What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday"
    "Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point. "AMEN"

Post Thanks / Like

I am truly humbled by the appreciative comments from you guys. I can't begin to tell you how much it means to me to read the things y'all have written. To receive such praise from people who use my SpyderLoks and found them to be what they expected makes all the work getting there well worth it. This means more than I can say.
    Actually, the icing on the cake is all the good friends I've met during this endevor. I've learned more about crappie fishing since I started this than I ever thought was possible. I was just a guy that wanted to do some spider rigging, long linng and pulling some cranks, and I found out quick just how little I really knew. Now, with the help from so many, I actually catch a few messes from time to time.
    If I can ever be of assistance to any of you, don't hesitate to contact me. Again, thanks..
    **** Click my Logo for products and ordering info****

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast