HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Knots and Rig drawings and setups for beginners

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is a neat setup I use when I cannot find a beetle spinner. My concept is just to incorporate it into the leader you make.

This is a beetle spin lure
    Name:  Beetle spin.jpg
Views: 3076
Size:  10.8 KB

This is my leader which has the same concept but it is 95% cheaper than a beetle spin.
    Name:  Blade setup.jpg
Views: 6744
Size:  35.0 KB
    Last edited by shipahoy41; 06-18-2014 at 07:02 AM.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Likes TurboDan LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Very Good Idea ! RR
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I recently got a carolina rig that's already put together but I'm not sure what lines to use, how to tie it or how to properly utilize the rig. I saw the one carolina rig drawing here but I'm still unsure. If someone can PM me and give me advice or whatever on how to use this thing, that would be greatly appreciated.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher_Girl_Kitti View Post
    I recently got a carolina rig that's already put together but I'm not sure what lines to use, how to tie it or how to properly utilize the rig. I saw the one carolina rig drawing here but I'm still unsure. If someone can PM me and give me advice or whatever on how to use this thing, that would be greatly appreciated.
    I sent you a PM.

Post Thanks / Like

How strong is that knot? Does it slip? What type of line would best be used with that knot?

Post Thanks / Like

That is the same knot I use for pulling cranks with 15/4# braid and it doesnt slip .
    How strong is that knot? Does it slip? What type of line would best be used with that knot?
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Sales and service on Directv and Wildblue internet
    Owner of Sickle Jigs.
    Slab Bandit Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Would it be effective with fluorocarbon? I picked up some 6lb test fluoro(Trilene 100% Fluorocarbon Professional Grade) that I'm planning to use as leader material for lighter rigs for gills and crappie.

strmwalker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Would it be effective with fluorocarbon? I picked up some 6lb test fluoro(Trilene 100% Fluorocarbon Professional Grade) that I'm planning to use as leader material for lighter rigs for gills and crappie.
    yes it will work great !!!

"What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday"
    "Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point. "AMEN"

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. I really appreciate the help. I have more weapons in my arsenal now to haul in the slabs. When I'm able to get to the lake that is.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is another setup I have been toying with lately. I showed it on the jig tying forum but thought I would put it here for posterity sake. I wanted to fish a tube off the bottom of the reservoir but did not want to use a drop shot rig or a floating jighead. I just wanted the appearance of a tube just floating and undulating off the bottom in a Carolina Rig setup. This was my concept idea.

Name:  Concept idea.jpg
Views: 45620
Size:  29.1 KB

After consultation with the experts on the DIY soft plastics forum I decided to combine some ideas into how this might actually work. One quote from "G" caught my eye. "Ship.....it is a hard foam.....has hole through the center.....push your hook through it...and insert in tube body let hook eye come out the front of tube.....put a drop of super glue on it. Been doing this for years. " "Here is what I have always used to float a tube jig....Lindy® Rig Floats | Bass Pro Shops Also Betts makes a float called a Carolina floater that could be used pushed up inside the tube jig. " Snake River sent me some floatation devices and I also made a trip to Bass Pro Shops in leeds to find stuff to tinker with.

The concept worked. Here it is in my test tank. Try it. You might just like it enough to add this in your tackle box.

Name:  My Floating Tube.jpg
Views: 2578
Size:  32.9 KB

Likes sooners08, fishon!!! LIKED above post

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 ... LastLast