Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: posts ruining your fishin

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen it flat out ruin places duck hunting. Just to test it I took a picture at a marsh that barely had water in it. Next day 6 trucks in the parking lot. Hadn't been a vehicle or duck in it all season.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Many good points so far. Pics give away lots of unintended info, so several folks I know won't post pictures taken anywhere but the ramp. I gave up one years ago that looked like a parking lot the next time I went. I even have one that I didn't build(put in the structure) but carries my name. And I've been run off of it being told that it was "their" spot. They hadn't built it either. Had a Pontoon follow me today and cut in front of me several times to try and get the fish I was catching. It did him no good as he caught 1 or 2 as we were loading up. Even the Granddaughter commented on it. Human nature. I love people but human nature kicks my butt on a regular basis. Had they asked and been a little less underhanded about it I would have shared what I knew. The way he went about it, he got nothing. This site has for me, as it has for many others, taught me at a rapid pace and opened friendships with people I haven't and might never meet. That is priceless. Others have shared with me and I pass it on. Unshared info has limited value. As others have already said;" teach me how and I can do the rest". Remember we represent many others when we put a CDC or club sticker on the car or boat.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

They bit yesterday!

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

For those that don't know about it this is exactly why some of the states have a moderated sub-forum. Non-members or lurkers cannot read posts put there. You must be a member for 25 days and have at least 25 posts to read the posts put there.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Likes Redy2Fish LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=mrdux;2737592]Most of us here are sensible enough to know not to ask for, or give out, gps coordinates or specific info but some are not.
    QOUTE]

I think you should post the GPS locations. Just change them to the middle of some parking lot or some downtown location thats not even near water.
    FISH ON
    Likes Billbob, jaxsprat, Speck LIKED above post

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

And now you know why i give reports but post most of my catches in the sink. My sink shots are famous.
    Guys will find out what your boat looks like from the " what's your boat look like thread " stickied on here, and when you post what lake you're catching fish on, hunt you down, and fish those spots when they get the chance. You do all that work to find the spots, then they benefit from your work. IT HAPPENS. Post it and expect company no matter what lake it is.
    Likes M R Dux, tahoe 50, feelay LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc View Post
    And now you know why i give reports but post most of my catches in the sink. My sink shots are famous.
    Guys will find out what your boat looks like from the " what's your boat look like thread " stickied on here, and when you post what lake you're catching fish on, hunt you down, and fish those spots when they get the chance. You do all that work to find the spots, then they benefit from your work. IT HAPPENS. Post it and expect company no matter what lake it is.
    I found this out the hard way. Had a guy idle up to while I was trolling at Talquin. He said he saw my report on here. When I asked his name on the site, "he said I am not a member but look daily!" My partner later told me he watched him hit man overboard on his Lowrance while beside us. Sure enough he was there the next day. I don't mind helping anybody, Heck I have taken guys I met at the landing out for free guided trips, but don't take advantage. I once helped 2 guys from out of town and later found out they were at the dock with 2 others later that week bragging about taking 470+ fish home. That's twice their possession limit. I work hard to respect my resources, but am I hurting them through helping others?

Post Thanks / Like

I help a lot of folks when I can, sometimes I can't but when I can I will help through pm or on the phone. I don't mind this at all and most are from out of state. I post pics but pretty much just general info.
    Going somewhere on a trip and its tuff sux, hope when I get to travel someone will lend me a hand like they did last weekend.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

Shoot, I thought people horning in on your locations was just a Missouri thing?

On the local lakes around here, especially in the spring during the white bass run, if you catch a fish you'd better try and slip it in the boat as quietly as possible. Otherwise every boat in that can see you will be right on you trying to catch fish too.

And trying to night fish for crappie under the lights.......well let's just say it's so obvious that everyone gets your honey hole then that's on the lake the night you are fishing.

Can't say I've ever heard of anyone around here watching the forums and then going to someone's honey hole. But, it may happen.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Fished a lake in NW Ohio this morning. 10 to 15 boat trailers in the lot when i got there. Nobody in the area of the lake i planned to start at. Got to area, setup, and before i had my second fish in the boat, i had 6 boats within 50 yds of me and they were getting closer. Pulled poles up and went to the other end of the lake. Nobody followed me. Found a productive brushpile and started catching crappies and gills one after another. Here they come. Picked up my marker right away and drifted away from that spot. 2 guys in a bass boat with side imaging tried to find the pile but by the time they got close enough i had moved quite a ways away. 25 fish in the cooler so i called it a day. I really dont like fishing this lake on weekends. Too many trollers trolling for spots.
    Likes M R Dux, Billbob, Redy2Fish LIKED above post

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast