Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chinese crankbaits

Post Thanks / Like

did the bandits come non painted for 1.88 each or is that what it cost you to paint each one? Did they have a sale on painted ones?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdux View Post
    I won't give up my Bandits, Rebels, Strike King, Wiggle Warts, Shad Raps or others but these Chinese baits make me shop much harder for better prices on those brands. I just painted 20 Bandits that I got from Cabelas in "toad frog" pattern for $1.88 each thanks to Wilbur here passing along the word.

Post Thanks / Like

here's a link http://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/fish...larcate-024055 There's others, some even tell who buys them here and how many.
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    what colors worked best and are they different sizes for depths? What is the best size?
    It's entirely a personal choice. I bought the factory C549 and C55 in colors 36,30,34, and14. There are other choices of sizes in the blank baits. The C55 run true out of the box and will dive slightly deeper than a 300 Bandit. They are slightly larger. The C549 is roughly the size of a Shad Rap and run true.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

did the bandits come non painted for 1.88 each or is that what it cost you to paint each one? Did they have a sale on painted ones?
    The baits I'm talking about in that post were brand new ready to fish Bandit 300s in a painted pattern called Toad Frog. They were $1.88 each. I bought 20 for them and painted them to patterns I wanted. I've never seen blank Bandits. I've bought a bunch of 100,200, and 300s that I've repainted and replaced the hooks on with Matsuo sickle trebles.
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

China has great hooks these days!

Today at WalMart I purchased a pack of Creme 1 1/2" shad shape minnows. Super sharp thin wire hook with the lead hidden inside (like a small Storm Shad). The three pack was only $1.82 (at my local WalMart Supercenter here in York, PA).

3D eyes and no stinkin' jig head to fasten to. I was tearin' up the Crappie today with this wonderful soft plastic lure. It works better than the plastic stuff I already have.

Tomorrow, I'll pick up a couple more packs?
    Likes jpshen76 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I looked at the C55 and it says they are 4 inches. I would have thought that would be too big for crappie.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdux View Post
    It's entirely a personal choice. I bought the factory C549 and C55 in colors 36,30,34, and14. There are other choices of sizes in the blank baits. The C55 run true out of the box and will dive slightly deeper than a 300 Bandit. They are slightly larger. The C549 is roughly the size of a Shad Rap and run true.

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I looked at the C55 and it says they are 4 inches. I would have thought that would be too big for crappie.
    The C55 is 4"...

Compared to the Bandit 300...which is 3.5"...

MRDUX will have to comment on if there is a difference to the fish...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly don't think a 4" inch is no where near too big, have caught a bunch of 5" and 6" crappie that have a whole Bandit 300 in there mouth. Here we are targeting at least a 12" fesh as the size limits wont let us keep them any smaller and wish we weren't getting hit as much by the smaller fesh.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Do not take into consideration the length of the diving bill .... then the "body" length of the Bandit is 2" long, and the China lures are 2.5" long.

I've caught, and seen caught, Crappie less than 6" long when trolling Bandit 300's ... I really don't think an extra 1/2" of body length is going to deter many dinks from taking a shot at one of the China cranks

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Don't tell that to the crappie, bass, perch , catfish, drums, etc on KY and Barkley Lakes. I have not caught a crappie less than 10 inches long running cranks all year. We can't keep them less than 10 so it saves me a lot of concerns about measuring crappie. I've caught crappie on stick baits that were 8 inches long. We also catch a ton of yellow bass that are 6 inches long or smaller on the cranks, some almost the size of the crank. I really have no idea if the yellow was wanting to eat the bait or have its way with it. Either way they end up with a face full of hooks.
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes Clint LIKED above post

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast