Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How often do you get skunked??

Post Thanks / Like

The only guy that I know of who never got skunked died two thousand years ago on the cross.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually got skunked today. Very windy by 7 a.m. made it hard to keep my boat positioned right. My dad and I hit seven of my fishing spots and after 0 fish, we called it quits at 9:30 and came back home. Been a LONG time since I had been skunked the last time, can't even remember when, but I'm sure I have been before. GTT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob/MN View Post
    The only guy that I know of who never got skunked died two thousand years ago on the cross.
    I never get skunked. I agree with Ship and G, some people who fish just to catch fish are missing the point.
    Randy Andres

Post Thanks / Like

Lots but I live on 2 lakes and go out a lot , That being said I'm talking crappie only,I usually catch a bass or a gill but it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

If skunked means not catching what you were targeting (In my case its usually Walleye), then more often than not. But if skunked means not catching a fish.. rarely. Catfish, Bluegill, White Bass, SM Bass, LM Bass, Stripers, Wipers, Perch, Carp, Crappie. Seems like there are always catchable fish biting, but not always what I want to catch!

Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't happen too often, but the humbling experience only leaves me yearning for more.

Post Thanks / Like

How often I get skunked depends on who I'm talking too.

If its a tournament and I'm at the scales, there is evidence I caught fish.
    When I get home with more cash in my pocket then when I left, all she knows is I got skunked and the guys are the tournament gave me fish.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!
    Likes kycreek LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Bass fishing it happens to me all the time. Going to for crappie I know one of a couple places will have fish on it. But, if the lake is way up or down or a bad cold front, something like a skunk might happen once in a blue moon.

DrNip is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

For years I fished by bank and around me are some not so good lakes so quite often. Just got my boat up and running and after I get the hang of controlling it and fishing at the same time hopefully my skunk days are over.

Post Thanks / Like

It happens. Once or twice a year it seems like. More often, I catch two or three, and that is almost as bad as getting skunked. I suspect that all the tailgate and cooler pictures we see on here make us think that EVERYONE catches a mess EVERTIME....

Well, that is sure not the rule in my boat. I catch a really good mess (at my home lake of Grenada that tends to be around 12-15 fish) about every other time I go. (Not so often this year, thpough) I have yet to catch a double limit with my partner (wife), at least not since I was a kid, when there was no size limit and I still fished with the Ole Pro (my Dad)!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast