Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Imitation is the highest form of flattery photo

Post Thanks / Like

A quick tip. Instead of knotting your leader for the bead, take your line and run it through the bead, then through the bead again the same way. That will lock the bead in place, but you can give it slack and adjust it wherever you want. Then you can adjust your blade to whatever height you want.
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Two bobber stops, one below the swivel and one above would solve the line weakening and sliding on casting problems.

Jig------bobber stop - bead - swivel - bead - bobber stop

Maybe better yet, just run the line through the swivel and then run a piece of rubber band through the eye and tie it to the line. No knots, stops or beads needed.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be interested in reading, after you've had a chance to use this, whether you get many strikes on the spinner blade itself.

It just occurred to me that, in a state that allows multiple hooks on one line, one could tie in a small, lightweight inline spinner above the jig and hook fish that struck either target.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by split handle View Post
    I'll be interested in reading, after you've had a chance to use this, whether you get many strikes on the spinner blade itself.

It just occurred to me that, in a state that allows multiple hooks on one line, one could tie in a small, lightweight inline spinner above the jig and hook fish that struck either target.
    It should be similar to what happens when people fish a beetle spin. The blade serves as vibration and an attractant to get the fish closer. Then the fish see the lure offering and attack to eat that.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warmouth View Post
    It looks good to me, but you may want to try putting the spinner inbetween the knots, so it doesn't slide up the line on your initial cast. I think when you jig sinks, the spinner may end up a couple of feet up the line from your jig. It will settle back down to the jig on the retrieve though.

Good idea, and good luck with it!
    That is what I was thinking. Just run another bead on top.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12