Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How often do you get skunked??

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

More times than I would like to admit. Like everybody else it's usually on days when I shouldn't even be out there.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Seriously can't remember last time I was skunked totally but we have lots of fish here .
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

NEVER!!!! I stay out on the lake until i catch at least one... been out here 3 days now,anytime.anytime.
    Likes M R Dux, shipahoy41, Idunno LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I just spent 3 days on KY.lake and caught 6 fish. I consider that a skunk.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't get skunked if you take the time to appreciate that you at least had a chance to go fishing. You may not bring home any fish that particular day but you will always bring home memories. When the fish are not biting change location, lure. color, presentation or something. You have to make them bite. Sometimes they just don't. You will always have fun in the trying and that my friend is the memory you will take home.

I saw this quote on someone's siggy. "Fish always bite 15 minutes before I get here and 15 minutes after I leave." Stuff happens, weather changes,moods change and sometimes we fish in locations where the fish aren't there. Cheer up..even the pro's have the same type of day as the every day Joes.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Likes tegman, Tracker123 LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Your right Ship......I never get skunked
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes shipahoy41, Tracker123 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I've ever gotten skunked. I've had days where didn't catch any fish, but had a blast watching the bald eagles chase an osprey away, or watched a great blue heron grab a frog, or had a beaver swim around me, repeatedly slapping the water with his tail. I always bring something home, even if it's just a cool memory.
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have NEVER been skunked!! But my poles sure have....

Post Thanks / Like

I usually catch more dinks/shorts so a skunk is rare for me. Keepers are even more rare for my home lake, thought I was going to be truly skunked yesterday, then I got three keepers on at the same time yesterday to save the day. No dinks either. I usually bring home a good memory or funny story when I go as well, dinks or keepers. I agree with the others about enjoying the time fishing, and I do live about 15 miles from the closest ramp I use, so I don't worry too much about a bad day on the water. It takes me the same amount of time to pack the cooler/thermos/snacks and hook up the boat as it does for me to get to the ramp, so I don't complain much at all about my catch ratio. I'm lucky that I'm able to go fishing.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Totally skunked? Not in a long time, cannot even remember the last time. Been days when I only catch a couple of little ones.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast