Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma Crappie Camp Update - 2 June 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oklahoma Crappie Camp Update - 2 June 2014

UPDATE: 2 June 2014

Oklahoma Crappie Camp

Great News!! We now have 64 confirmed folks signed up for the 1st Oklahoma Crappie Camp at Lake Eufaula, Arrowhead State Park's Turkey Flat Campgrounds!

The "Tasking & Supply" list still has a few items that we need someone to bring to the Camp. Please take a look at the list below and respond as soon as possible...as we will have to buy any items that are missing. If you are unable to bring something, please donate $5.00 (or more) at the Registration Table located at the Pavilion where the food events will be held. Registration opens at 3:30 pm on both Friday and Saturday.

Also, it is important that we remember that this is an event for everyone, including the folks that have been working hard to organize the event and those that are preparing the food. When you get to the Turkey Flat Campgrounds..... please pitch in and help. We need help in setting up the cooking equipment, setting up the serving tables, taping tablecloths to the Park benches under the Pavilion, cooking, serving food at the food tables, cleaning up, etc, etc, etc. On Friday and Saturday at 6:00 pm, we will start serving the food, so a lot of things have to happen before then. For our 1st Crappie Camp to be successful........ Everyone needs to help!!

Remember: Bring your Lawn Chairs!

Be sure and come by the "Hospitality Canopy" located in the RV camping area. It is intended to be a gathering place for everyone to relax and talk. There will be an "honesty rule" enforced, so no "tall tales or outright lies" about crappie fishing.

RAIN...RAIN...GO AWAY!!!!
    TWC and Accuweather forecasts as of 7:35 pm, June 2, 2014 is predicting 25-30% chance of rain on Friday and 20% chance on Saturday, so be prepared. Everything is still on GO! for the cookouts and the Big Crappie Tournament.

Remaining Items needed for Crappie Camp!

Saturday, June 7th ....... "Meet & Greet" Fish Fry

• CRAPPIE - We have 230 filets on hand and could use 40 more. We are planning on feeding 60 folks. Contact Woodworker42 if you have crappie to donate on Friday and/or Saturday.

Soft Drinks - 2 cases (Suggest 1 case diet & 1 case regular - your choice on brand)

Volunteers for Friday and Saturday

• Registration Staff (1-2) - Friday- ???; Saturday - Rita & Kelli Barrett
    • Official Photographer - Friday - ???; Saturday: DrNip
    • Servers (2-3) -
    • Trash / Clean up Detail -

Let's have a Great 2014 Oklahoma Crappie Camp !!!
    "Everyone should believe in something;
    I believe I'll go fishing." ...H.D. Thoreau

Proud Member of
    TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to fish Friday and will donate any fish I catch as I am sure others will also.

Odie
    Common sense isn't always that common!

DrNip is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I originally took off Friday so I could be there that day and be the photographer but a 6/13 project deadline popped up so now I have to work Friday.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Odie...crappiepappa is the "Head Crappie Cookin' Chef" and he said he would "keep cookin' as long as someones eatin' " Thanks for the fish...dave
    "Everyone should believe in something;
    I believe I'll go fishing." ...H.D. Thoreau

Proud Member of
    TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

My family and I will hopefully arrive by 3 on Friday and are willing to do whatever is needed. That gives us 6 extra sets of hands to help out
    Likes crappiepappa, davebrown42 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I'll take care of the drinks will be arriving Thursday I'll be videoing both days on and off the water will be taking alot of photos as well I can forward these to anybody. The Wife and I look forward to meeting all you GREAT folks !
    STICK-A-FORK-IN-ME-IM-DUMBER !
    www.CrazyAnglerTackle.com
    Likes davebrown42, Ranger09 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Loy and I are planning to fish Friday and will donate any fish we catch.
    Likes crappiepappa, davebrown42 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Never posted anything on here before , but I have been reading posts on here for several years. I plan on coming Friday evening and soaking up a lot of crappie catching wisdom as well as fishing Saturday. Can help wherever . Just point and say go. Looking forward to it.
    Likes deerhunterodie, davebrown42 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Dave, I dont know if you counted this already but I am bringing a case (24 bottles) of water; 1 -12 pack of Diet DrPepper & 1 -12 pack of Pepsi. Plus I have the cheese, hot dog and hamburger buns covered.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Likes davebrown42 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Dave, I am sure even with the 230 fillets we will have enough for every one along with all the fixins we're having. I know some can eat more than others and will .

I to am donating what is caught Friday to the cause. I would say it is safe to say we are good on the crappie donations as well. Merle will make sure of that Friday when we fish.
    Likes davebrown42 LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast