Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Danger! Hazardous to Crappie if you watch this!!!!

NickD is offline Slabmaster II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    I don't profess to know much about planer board trolling, but after watching the video I have to wonder why they don't have a EGO Reach Net in the boat

They didn't show losing any fish, but one has to wonder ... with them letting slack in the line to disconnect the board, how big a chance does a so-so hooked fish have of getting off ?? With a long handled net ... would they even have to remove the board

... cp

When you take the board off the line, you keep the line tight. Either you take it off yourself, or the best way is to back up and let your fishing partner do it for you. Here's a video showing how to take a board off and still keep the line tight that might help:

[IMG][/IMG]
    Official Off Shore Tackle Youtube channel:http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS3E...-nRh4HnQw/feed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NickD View Post
    When you take the board off the line, you keep the line tight. Either you take it off yourself, or the best way is to back up and let your fishing partner do it for you. Here's a video showing how to take a board off and still keep the line tight that might help:

Thanks for sharing that Nick.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I really don't see why they didn't just net the fish as they were only fishing about 5 to 6 ft behind the board. Seems like a waste of time by taking it off and putting it back on.
    Likes M R Dux LIKED above post

NickD is offline Slabmaster II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc View Post
    I really don't see why they didn't just net the fish as they were only fishing about 5 to 6 ft behind the board. Seems like a waste of time by taking it off and putting it back on.
    That close it is easter to just net the fish with the board on. You really only need to take it off when running longer lead lengths. You can also set it up so the board slides down the line when it trips and is stopped by a bead ahead of a barrel swivel a few feet ahead of the bait.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Official Off Shore Tackle Youtube channel:http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS3E...-nRh4HnQw/feed

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That was a great video from Roper Outdoors and Charlie. I also love the greeen / chartreuse combination colors on a jig.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, yeah that was Charlie first times using the boards and also, yes he was reeling them in Super, Super SLOW LOL. You don't have to reel the in slow like that like and also with the Planer Boards we are using you can set them so that the planer board stays in the first clamp or comes out like the video you saw above. No the video is not an informative video just showing how our fun day went with our sponsor (Charlie Brewer's Slider). More informative info to come. Crappie Rule!

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes the slow reeling is needed if one is using a planer board that has a tenancy to dive when reeled in fast. I can assure you many more crappie are lost when trying to reel one in fast than slow. Another thing is if one is running multiple boards off each side, you are going to have to "steer" that board thru or around the other boards and lines to make sure you don't have a big rat's nest.

If I'm running cranks a long ways back behind a board, I'll set the line clip light so it will trip on the strike and slide back to the swivel and bead that I tie a few feet in front of the crank.

I always keep my EGO net handy. It's not an issue if fishing with a partner. If I'm by myself, it can be a circus.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Etowah, Tn. foothills to the Smokey Mountains
    Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't have said it better Mr. Dux and Jarod

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion the title to this thread says it all.....

This just doesn't look like fun to me.....
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don G View Post
    In my opinion the title to this thread says it all.....

This just doesn't look like fun to me.....
    Don, it's just another technique to catch fish. Good to learn how to use it in cases where the fish are spooky and move away from the boat as you troll above them in shallow or deep water. We use it up north for walleyes all the time. Now they're making boards small enough for the crappie bite. I have some but haven't NEEDED to use them yet. I will when it's called for tho.
    Likes M R Dux LIKED above post

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast