Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sardis Water Level Will Rise

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sardis Water Level Will Rise

Tippah and Tallahatchie will be full and running after the heavy rains in the area the past couple of days. Etta bottom and Rocky Ford area will be flooded out. Look for rising and muddy water for a few days.

Post Thanks / Like

Where did all the muddy and rising water go?
    Likes yikess LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Sardis up about 1', probably another 6" or so by weekend. Lake supposed to be at summer pool (260') today, it's just over 254'. We may have a low water summer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Sardis up about 1', probably another 6" or so by weekend. Lake supposed to be at summer pool (260') today, it's just over 254'. We may have a low water summer.
    254 is a little behind schedule for summer pool but its no where near to low water. I love the spin you guys like to put on it though. Sardis, Enid and Grenada all need a little water to reach full summer pool and since they start raising butla today and its already over summer pool all 4 lakes are in good shape.

Post Thanks / Like

You just can't ever tell. they had flood warning out for Etta which is Tallahatchie River Bottom and the rain just fizzled and went east. 2 inches here and the storms went more toward Tupelo. I was thinking about gathering the animals 2 by 2 before during this past storms, but I am glad it did not get as bad as it did any closer.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I am south of Sherman and just west of Tupelo and we got a flood
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Handicrappie View Post
    254 is a little behind schedule for summer pool but its no where near to low water. I love the spin you guys like to put on it though. Sardis, Enid and Grenada all need a little water to reach full summer pool and since they start raising butla today and its already over summer pool all 4 lakes are in good shape.
    If you put in at Engineers Point and troll the main lake, Sardis is fine. If you fish the back of the creeks and the upper main lake, there are still a lot of shallow mud flats at 254'...no spin intended!

Post Thanks / Like

Sardis will be draining in 3 months anyway. Won't be as much to drain out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    If you put in at Engineers Point and troll the main lake, Sardis is fine. If you fish the back of the creeks and the upper main lake, there are still a lot of shallow mud flats at 254'...no spin intended!
    Guess I dont consider 75% full as low water. I fished up at Blackwater and out in front of Hurricane landing last week and thats 15 miles from Engineers and there was plenty of water. Considering you never say anything put negative comments about the water levels its hard to believe you werent putting a spin on it but then again some folks will never be happy.

Post Thanks / Like

254 is what I want them to leave the water level at during the winter draw down, but I might as well be spitting in one hand and wanting in the other cause I know which one will get full first. Plenty of water to fish right now, just have to have an idea where the shallow places are and steer clear. I am thinking slough and 10 feet of water, but everybody has an opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast