Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gulp! Alive! Minnows???

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input guys. I went out last night and tried them out. They seem to work as well as any of my jigs I had on hand. I did notice that they did hit it harder than the jigs so I can only say they must taste the bait from the charge. I would recommend in case you cannot find minnows and just want to fish with something close at hand. I used only one and caught four on it over the night. I caught equally on jigs and regular minnows.
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I use the 3" with a red jig head here on the Cumberland river below the Wolf Creek Dam for sauger and catch quite a few crappie on them. Always handy to keep in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

I use the 1" in watermelon pearl or emerald shiner. They work really well. I use one rod with real minnows and a bobber and my other rod I cast out with one of the Gulp Alive minnows on a jig head.

Post Thanks / Like

They work great. But they are no substitute for the live ones.. you cannot just hook one under a bobber and catch fish. Rigged on a jig head and fished, they will produce very well!

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone is spot on! I also found that if you leave one on the hook and it dries out it looks exactly like a dried minnow on the hook. Just recharge and go!!
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

If it dries out completely there is no amount of recharging that will bring it back, been there.. done that. You'll have to either cut it off the jig or toss the entire thing. You have to place them back in the jar if they are going to be out of the water for more than an hour or two.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12