Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: China made?

Post Thanks / Like

only getting worse

Post Thanks / Like

The best thing to do is not involve the gov in any thing on here and I understand that. The thing to do is just what I said before. Pick a company and give them the choice of bring it back or going out of business. We can do this.
    FISH ON

Post Thanks / Like

Member Wicklundrh makes 'em all the time, although he isn't necessarily in the retail business. Just sayin.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post
    Most all rods and reels are made there nowadays. Prolly very hard to find a US Manufacturer, if there are any.
    Slab,

I agree! And China makes some pretty good stuff now.

I also fly fish, and I purchased a Orvis Helios fly rod ...... $800! But, it's the lightest fly rod in the world, the best casting, and made right here in Manchester, Vermont. American craftsmen made that rod, and the lifetime warranty is the best in the business.

China will probably make that exact rod for $50, but I have a deep love for Orvis!

Everything in WalMart is made in China. That's where I buy all my fishing tackle now?

Post Thanks / Like

Expecting anyone to pay twice as much for the same product just because it is made in our country is swimming upstream. Not gonna happen except for a few old guys with more stubbornness than sense. You have to create an environment where our country can compete on the same playing field. Until then, 95% of our products will continue to be made overseas, and the American public will continue to buy them.
    Likes Crappitier LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sky hawk View Post
    Expecting anyone to pay twice as much for the same product just because it is made in our country Not gonna happen
    sky,

I agree, completely! I laugh at myself for spending so much money on a fly rod? LOL

Power Pro is $12.69 at WalMart and $19.95 in my local sporting stores.

China is very automated, and a much better work force. I purchased a Fender Strat guitar imitation from China ....... and it's so much better than a regular high price Strat! The 4K Martin acoustic guitars have some "American" hand made craftsmanship, but not as good quality as a CNC machine on a China production line.

Please, don't get me wrong ...... I only buy China stuff. It's the very best in the world!

Post Thanks / Like

This page is a good place to start to show off American pride and ingenuity. If we buy from one another based on our God given talents then we put money back into our own pockets. We have an opportunity here to support each others talents and prosper. Buy rod holders, jigs, rods and boats from our members. We will support a common goal there, along with making this a stronger crappie slaying community.
    Likes strmwalker LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I love my Hi-tek holders, I'm going to buy me some meatgetter jigs and talk to brian about electronics. It helps us grow. I'm not against the Asian market at all, and I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but look at what their carp has done to our native fishing grounds. The job you save may be your own.
    Last edited by jmeador; 03-29-2014 at 01:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Look on the bright side we get to be part of the global economy
    Most everything is made somewhere other than the USA
    But they all want are hard earned AMERICAN $$$$$
    Corn Field Crappie Gear
    Member Podunk Ideas Pro Team

Post Thanks / Like

West Germany and Japan were known back in the day for their high quality fishing stuff.
    Oh I could wrestle a monster fish

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast